Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 AM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times

Advertisements

Good morning. I have a couple of buildings I may be interested in purchasing as investments in the "brewery district" (so-called by the ad) of Cincinnati near Bellevue Hill Park. How is this area? Transitioning/gentrifying? Safe? Crappy? Your help is super-appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 AM

292 posts, read 993,525 times
If you look at a map centered on Bellevue Park. You'll see Vine Street to the east. That section of Vine Street is crappy. If you look to the north you see Warner St. I would live on Warner St. If you look to the west you'll see Klotter Ave. That part of Klotter Ave that is east of Ravine Street is not as nice as the part of Klotter Ave, west of Ravine Street. Conroy Ave north of west Klotter Ave is very nice.

To the South is McMicken Street, a very crappy run down area. Any street that touches Stonewall Street is a crappy run down area. There is development on Main Street in dowtown Cincinati that is slowly creeping North. I'm through these areas alot because I would like to live there.

If this seems a bit scattered it is, because the Brewery District does not touch Bellevue Park. The Brewery District may be a good investment right now. However there are lots of vacant buildings so you may have to sit on it for a while. I was through there this morning doing my shopping at Findlay Market. It is a bit rough one block away from Findlay Market. However people are interested in moving down there. Safety is a big concern in the Brewery District as it might be the roughest area of Cincinnati. I believe there is a concentration of murders focused on Liberty Street and a few blocks north or south of Liberty.

Urban Pioneers are moving into the area albiet slowly.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:39 PM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Thanks very much, appreciate your input. This helps me greatly to understand neighborhoods before visiting them.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 18,290 times
Default o.t.r. - where to look

this ivolves a much greater conversation
i know the Over the Rhine area building by building (practically)
i've been here for close to 15 years
rehabbing old buildings
(or just being the architect of them - about 50 projects down here at this point)
got alot going on
want the inside scoop? contact me directly
i'd be glad to help
i am privy to the 'inside scoop' - often
glad you're interested

Old 08-20-2007, 04:53 PM

5 posts, read 18,290 times
Default the scoop

the brewery district mostly refers to the area between finlay mkt and the hillside within OTR
it's a mix between post light industrial bldgs and warehouses, a few low income section 8ish buildings, and some good prospects for renovation projects
scale is a factor here - some buildings are quite large - huge in fact
so we need to know which scale of a building you're up for tackeling
the existing building also determines how it can be laid out (in terms of units)
often, some internal parking or secured lots are possible in this district
i do know of a couple successfull renovation projects in the brew dist
the character in the immediate blocks surrounding finday market have a great atmosphere during operating hours - its a bit quiet in the evenings
my friends own buildings there - and love waking up on weekend mornings - just to pop downstairs to get a cup of coffee or some fruit
findlay mkt is the ONLY place i buy meats, fruits, vegitables, cheeses, etc
my advice: get in the scoop - who's FOLLOWING THROUGH with their development projects - and stick nearby - this is especially true with smaller scaled buildings where-as larger buildings may be self-sustaining
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati