U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 12,715 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I am planning my sister's June bachelorette party in Cincinnati as it is central to all participants. I know nothing about the area and neither does my sister as she just moved there. We are in need of help finding some fun dance clubs for a bachelorette party!

Preferably, we'd like to find an area with a lot of nightlife and a hotel nearby. I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks so much!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,409,188 times
I see that no one has responded to your thread. This is no doubt because no one knows why women would have a "bachelorette" party. No offense intended.

I know a ton about bachelor parties because there is a tradition that compels a guy's friends to want to humiliate and embarrass a groom to be in his last days as one of the guys. My personal objective for the many, many bachelor parties I have organized is for the groom-to-be to have his head in his hands by the end of the evening, hopefully in tears, saying "my God, I am so embarrassed, I'll never do anything like this again. Please, no one tell Jennifer or anyone else what happened here tonight."

What is it that girls want from a "bachelorette" party? Good company, a few drinks in a nice place, a lot of girl talk? There is no tradition so let us know what you really want and someone will be sure to give you some suggestions.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM

8,259 posts, read 13,529,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I see that no one has responded to your thread. This is no doubt because no one knows why women would have a "bachelorette" party. No offense intended.

I know a ton about bachelor parties because there is a tradition that compels a guy's friends to want to humiliate and embarrass a groom to be in his last days as one of the guys. My personal objective for the many, many bachelor parties I have organized is for the groom-to-be to have his head in his hands by the end of the evening, hopefully in tears, saying "my God, I am so embarrassed, I'll never do anything like this again. Please, no one tell Jennifer or anyone else what happened here tonight."

What is it that girls want from a "bachelorette" party? Good company, a few drinks in a nice place, a lot of girl talk? There is no tradition so let us know what you really want and someone will be sure to give you some suggestions.
If you don't know what a bachlorette party is, why bother responding?

Hey OP, if no one in Cincy helps, bring your money up to Indianapolis. We'll take real nice care of you!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM

901 posts, read 1,950,606 times
Well, for what it's worth, I didn't respond because I have no idea where to tell the OP to hold such a party. I haven't been to a dance club in years.

Why not head up the road a couple of hours to Columbus. SURELY they have a much better assortment of clubs and general nightlife options than Cincinnati.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:29 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,652,794 times
Without a doubt, you'll want to go to Mount Adams, and chances are you'll spend most of the night there and won't be the only bachelor/bachelorette party making the rounds. This historic neighborhood - which absolutely blows anything Columbus and/or Indianapolis has out of the water (ask Jimmy Buffet) - is stocked with bars and overlooks the city, and is essentially in the downtown area and less than five minutes from most hotels by cab. And it also has several wine-themed restaurants that would be perfect for kicking off most any bachelorette party. I would definitely take a cab though, as parking on "The Hill" is no easy task, particularly on the weekend.

Also, the Cincinnati Art Museum is in the Mount Adams area, if you're looking for something to do before the fun starts.

Check out Mount Adams here and what it has to offer here:

Dining & NightLife

Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM

901 posts, read 1,950,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Without a doubt, you'll want to go to Mount Adams, and chances are you'll spend most of the night there and won't be the only bachelor/bachelorette party making the rounds. This historic neighborhood - which absolutely blows anything Columbus and/or Indianapolis has out of the water (ask Jimmy Buffet)
Seriously? I'd always heard about Columbus nightlife and figured it was more of the party town than Cincinnati.

Oh well, never mind. What do I know. As I said I haven't been to a dance club in years. Obviously that shows, huh? LOL!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If you don't know what a bachlorette party is, why bother responding?

Hey OP, if no one in Cincy helps, bring your money up to Indianapolis. We'll take real nice care of you!
Read my post slowly and you will see that I asked her to post up what she wants to do at this "bachelorette" party. Are you clairevoiant that she would want to go to Indianapolis? Why? they roll up the sidewalks there at dark don't they?

If she wants a male stripper and shots of Tequila that is worlds away from an outdoor concert and a trip to a dance club, right?

Let's see what she wants to do and then respond, just like I suggested.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM

8,259 posts, read 13,529,405 times
Quote:
Read my post slowly and you will see that I asked her to post up what she wants to do at this "bachelorette" party. Are you clairevoiant that she would want to go to Indianapolis? Why? they roll up the sidewalks there at dark don't they?

If she wants a male stripper and shots of Tequila that is worlds away from an outdoor concert and a trip to a dance club, right?

Let's see what she wants to do and then respond, just like I suggested.
Ok, let's all get out our slow readers and re-read. This is what the OP said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan2011 View Post
Hi!
I am planning my sister's June bachelorette party in Cincinnati as it is central to all participants. I know nothing about the area and neither does my sister as she just moved there. We are in need of help finding some fun dance clubs for a bachelorette party!

Preferably, we'd like to find an area with a lot of nightlife and a hotel nearby. I appreciate any and all advice.
Thanks so much!!!
And this is what you said:

Quote:

Yes, you are right, your post was as helpful as you describe. How silly of me.

OP asked for an area with a lot of nightlife, you respond with "no one knows why women would have a bachlorette party" and "explain to me what a bachlorette party is."

Ok, I am a guy, and even I know what type of party they are looking for. I have run into many of these types of parties in Indianapolis and other cities.

I am sure she can find what she is looking for in Cincinnati. Cincy is a fun town, so is Columbus and so is Indianapolis. You can keep your pot-shots, I don't need to tear others down to make myself feel better. I just though it strange that the first response to her was someone questioning her motives and taking an almost belittling tone.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 05-09-2011 at 08:32 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Back on topic folks, please. Try helping the OP instead of fighting each other.
Yac.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 AM

OK, let's try this again. Honey, you have to tell us a little information. Are you and your girls 22 year old singles with a penchant for Tequila shots and getting hit on by black guys with 22" rims on their rides? Are you 50 something school teachers from Debuque? When you say "dance clubs" you probably know that there are hip hop clubs and C&W bars and we probably wouldn't send the same girls to both places. And, do you want the bride-to-be to have a dignified evening?

Why is this so hard? Doesn't everyone see the need for some information before we send someone over to the Top Cat or the Mad Frog?

Last edited by Wilson513; 05-10-2011 at 04:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or