Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times

Advertisements

HI All,

I would be probably moving to Cincy next month and would work around the Mount adams area. Researching about some areas, I find a lot of Indian hotels and restaurants around Hyde park area. How good is that area and does it have lot of Indians ? Any pointers to gated communities in that area would also be helpful.

Regards
Shane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:45 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
HI All,

I would be probably moving to Cincy next month and would work around the Mount adams area. Researching about some areas, I find a lot of Indian hotels and restaurants around Hyde park area. How good is that area and does it have lot of Indians ? Any pointers to gated communities in that area would also be helpful.

Regards
Shane.
I'm not Indian and I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but you might find some helpful contacts here:

Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,828,412 times
"Indian hotels" - huh?
There are some "touristy" restaurants in Hyde Park and Clifton which are perfectly satisfactory, but personally I loooooooove this place:
Amma's Kitchen
I live on the East Coast and can choose from five Indian eating places within walking distance, but Amma's - as they say - "rules."

What Indian community there is in Cincinnati is probably entirely comprised of corporate, legal, and medical professionals. A few may live in Clifton or East Walnut Hills or "Hype Park" or Mt Lookout - upscale city neighborhoods - but the heaviest concentration is in the axis between West Chester and Montgomery. Therein lie three top-ranked school districts (Lakota, Mason, and Sycamore.) Blue Ash - within the Sycamore district, Mason, and West Chester (Lakota district) are host to plenty of McMansions, with the latter two communities still growing and having new developments constructed. Cincinnati for the most part doesn't do "gated."

Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,468,709 times
There is an Indian enclave in Sharonville and one in Florence, and certainly many Indians in HP (and of course good restaurants here) but there is not concentration elsewhere.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:30 PM

4 posts, read 13,853 times
Hi Friens,

Is there any room available for rent nearby madisionville office building, kingsley drive, cincinnati by June 2nd week??

Sorry out of thread discussion but thought people replying to this thread will be able to help me out.

Thanks,

California guy from India

Old 05-28-2011, 02:06 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,468,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_guy View Post
Hi Friens,

Is there any room available for rent nearby madisionville office building, kingsley drive, cincinnati by June 2nd week??

Sorry out of thread discussion but thought people replying to this thread will be able to help me out.

Thanks,

California guy from India
I am assuming you want an extended stay hotel if your week is 4 days from now. Here it is:

Centennial Station Corporate, Furnished and Extended Stay Apartments from Marriott ExecuStay: Official Site

You could walk from there although I would not do it. Other than that, look north of Kingsley Bldg in Kennedy Heights and west in Oakley. East is not o.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 13,853 times
Thanks for the information Wilson. I checked the link and they are charging 100USD per night and that's pretty expensive for me ... Any idea about any good and safe hotel nearby within 60 USD?

Old 05-29-2011, 04:12 AM

125 posts, read 262,794 times
There are a lot of Indians in the Cincinnati area. Uptown (Clifton), Hyde Park and Sycamore Township hold some of the larger Indian communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati