Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo11 View Post
A little combative eh?
Not an issue, we go way back as far as "agreeing to disagree."
I've probably spent more time in Clifton during one of my frequent visits back than he has in decades, but it's all good. There are precisely ZERO apartment ads which mention a building by name, though the listings for the larger complexes routinely do (par for the course.) No point in quibbling, though, I'm done on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 01:34 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Not an issue, we go way back as far as "agreeing to disagree."
I've probably spent more time in Clifton during one of my frequent visits back than he has in decades, but it's all good. There are precisely ZERO apartment ads which mention a building by name, though the listings for the larger complexes routinely do (par for the course.) No point in quibbling, though, I'm done on this one.

Well, you would be done if you had not pontificated on yet another thing you know nothing about. My sainted sister lived in Gaslight Clifton for 50 years. I spent thousands of days in GC. I represent the above mentioned Telford, Delmoor and Marburg buildings owners and several other Gaslight buildings and have just recently completed a significant agreement among owners of three businesses closest to Gaslight Clifton. There are 3250 web pages listing rentals for The Telford alone.

I have probably spent more time in GC in the last month than GG has in his entire life.

So GG, why don't you just limit yourself to things you know about, like Boston's singles scene.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM

10 posts, read 23,106 times
So sorry Wilson! Surely you can imagine there has been alot of information to digest. I'll try to be more observant. Thanks again.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 PM

405 posts, read 891,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I already told you this. And, you could have ignored every other bit of advice in here if you had read my post.
Except your street recommendations were quite off base. I kindly corrected these errors in my post.

I find it fascinating, the utter conviction with which you proclaim that your ideas are completely correct on every topic you post on (For example, informing me that I need to learn something about the NIH-- a highly humorous post if you knew my profession). It would be somewhat humorous if I could only know that you were being facetious. Surely you post such statements with a sense of self deprecating humor, yes?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolden View Post
Except your street recommendations were quite off base. I kindly corrected these errors in my post.

I find it fascinating, the utter conviction with which you proclaim that your ideas are completely correct on every topic you post on (For example, informing me that I need to learn something about the NIH-- a highly humorous post if you knew my profession). It would be somewhat humorous if I could only know that you were being facetious. Surely you post such statements with a sense of self deprecating humor, yes?

I ignored your "corrections" because as usual you were wrong. But I doubt any harm was done since you erred on the side of safety, always a good thing.

You misunderstood my reference to a "ton of money" but everyone else got it so no harm was done there either. The parking and the car were what drove up the cost, not the differential of apartments as you mistakenly thought. Again, everyone else got it so I let it slide.

I'll have to look back to see what you beef is about the NIH, but if past experience is any guide, I'll probably just be setting you straight again.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolden View Post

I did go back and find our exchange regarding the NIH. A couple of short jousts. I think the point of it was that I credited Pharma for most drug research and you credited the NIH. Although I admit to not being an expert on the subject, it does not take one to know that NIH funds about a quarter of medical research, the balance mostly by industry (a small % by other foundations, such as Bill Gates, etc.). But, that is only about funding. The actual research is almost all done by industry and privately owned or operated laboratories (some of which are non profit) but not actually by the NIH. Money and grant approval by the NIH under contracts with pharma and others.

So, I'm not too embarrassed about the exchange unless you have some pearls of wisdom on the subject you would like to share.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Back on topic guys, please.
Yac.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 10,058 times
Congratulations to your new Bearcat! UC is an urban neighborhood and has all of the good and bad that comes with that and crime happens but it mostly happens to those who ask for it. (Blackout drunk, 4 am on the east side of campus and didn't think you were going to get robbed?)

Give us a price range, you can live in Clifton for anywhere from $300/month to $3000 a month and you will almost get what you are paying for. If you have a daughter in CCM, have you looked into University Park Apartments? You can practically see them from CCM and usually don't fill up. Your daughter will have a roommate, but that isn't the end of the world.

If University Park is out, the safest parts of campus are immediately west and immediately North, I would strongly suggest looking at apartments on Joselyn, Digby, Clifton, Probasco, Riddle and Bishop even though those aren't the closest to CCM (If your daughter wants a shorter walk, I would also consider living on Moerliein or Lyon. All of those streets (for all intents and purposes) directly intersect campus. There are some real winners and real losers on Clifton landlords and the condition of properties varies greatly. Uptown Rentals, Clifton Quarters, Deering Properties are all winning landlords who treat tenants well. I also lived in the building on Probasco on this page: Moderator cut: link removed, please read the tosfor two years, the owner of the building is very professional (did all the necessary duties of a landlord in spite of hating me with a burning passion)

Overall, most important for your daughter is to have fun, learn lots and keep her wits about her and she'll be fine and have a great college experience. (This is from a Bearcat who graduated last June)

Last edited by Yac; 06-03-2011 at 01:33 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 02:02 PM

10 posts, read 23,106 times
MWA423 From the advertisements I've read and considering on campus prices (they are full) I'm assuming we will spend between $500-600 a month. There are a couple of rooms available at University Park and we will be looking at them this weekend. But, the comments on their facebook page indicates there are alot of operation issues i.e. power going out, broken ac, etc. Of course those are the same problems we could have anywhere. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:03 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
My friend's daughter attends UC and she lived in an apartment above the Panera adjoining the university. She never had any issue there. She then moved to a rental on Howell and has had no problems there either. There are lots of safe places around UC to live. I'm partial to the gaslight area around Graeter's myself, but I'm an old school UC grad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati