U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 AM

202 posts, read 315,852 times

Advertisements

Hey Folks!

I started a "Cincy For A Day/Night" thread and took someone's suggestion of hitting up Fountain Square. And I gotta say - WOW. The area was packed, restaurants were bumping and there were cyclists out to boot! I hope to come back down sooner rather than later and see folks spilling out to the adjourning areas that weren't quite as lively. But Fountain Square was as impressive to me as any other main attraction in other cities I've been to. It reminded me how badly I wish the 3-C train came through (that and the traffic I hit on I-71... ).

Regardless, I hope to make more trips down to Cincy in the future. One of the reasons I moved back to Cleveland is to contribute to the ongoing Renaissance, much like I assume many of you Cincy folk are doing. But I'm always an obnoxious fan of Ohio in general and hop to be at a point in the next few years where I can be active across the state in neighborhood revitalization efforts, etc. So with that - any local blogs I should be following to stay up to date? I was thinking of subscribing to Cincinnati Magazine (as I am Ohio and Cleveland), but I'm waiting for the inevitable half-off GroupOn!

Cheers,
Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,655,183 times
Check out UrbanCincy

It's definitely one of the best Cincinnati blogs/sites around, and it has links to all of the city's best blogs.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. Come back for a baseball game and check out The Banks in a few months. And Mount Adams too.

I love going to Cleveland and always have a great time. I have some family and friends on the east side, in the Cleveland Heights/University Heights area and also the Wickliffe area. It's one of America's great cities.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:04 PM

2,554 posts, read 5,839,327 times
I was just down there two weeks ago, damn, it looks great!

OTR was bustling, and I love all the restored buildings. I just heard it is the second largest neighborhood in the country going through restoration... second to many of New Orleans' neighborhoods that were destroyed after Katrina.

Fountain Square is awesome, and the restaurants around the area have some terrific food. The riverfront projects are shaping up nicely, especially The Banks. I saw people moving into the first phase when I was down there.

Cincinnati is on a roll, and can't wait to come back down and see some of the projects finished.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM

458 posts, read 1,028,283 times
I am heading down for a visit in July to visit my girlfriend's family. I am really excited to see everything that is going on down there. I haven't been since early 2009 if I recall correctly!

Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 PM

149 posts, read 386,089 times
I just moved back here after a twenty year hiatus and I really like where the city is going. Cincinnati is a GREAT midwest city!!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:05 PM

577 posts, read 1,004,904 times
Glad you liked the city and you are always welcomed back. Aside from UrbanCincy, here are a few of my favorites:

Home (Soapbox Cincinnati)

365 Things to do in Cincinnati

Cincinnati Re-adventure

Cincinnati (not really a blog but sign up for their email list - it is really good for telling you what is happening downtown).

Over-the-Rhine blog

Queen City Tour

http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/

Old 06-29-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg1114 View Post
Glad you liked the city and you are always welcomed back. Aside from UrbanCincy, here are a few of my favorites:

Home (Soapbox Cincinnati)

365 Things to do in Cincinnati

Cincinnati Re-adventure

Cincinnati (not really a blog but sign up for their email list - it is really good for telling you what is happening downtown).

Over-the-Rhine blog

Queen City Tour

CityBeat | Cincinnati News, Music, Art, Movies, Opinion, Events, Theater, Dance and Literature |
Thanks for those, added them all to my Facebook

Old 06-30-2011, 05:42 AM

3,335 posts, read 5,730,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGreekDude View Post
I just moved back here after a twenty year hiatus and I really like where the city is going. Cincinnati is a GREAT midwest city!!
welcome back! i don't know where you lived, but a funny thing i've noticed is that people who have lived here all their lives don't understand at all why anyone would choose to move here. it is pathetic, really. on the other hand, lots of people more here from all over the country and especially the east side has as many transplants as natives.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
welcome back! i don't know where you lived, but a funny thing i've noticed is that people who have lived here all their lives don't understand at all why anyone would choose to move here. it is pathetic, really. on the other hand, lots of people more here from all over the country and especially the east side has as many transplants as natives.
I think it's pretty common to think the grass is greener on the other side.

I lived in Hartwell until I was 10 and loved it. We moved for multiple reasons (none having to do with the area) and I ended up in Indianapolis for the last 10 years (Indianapolis is very boring by the way, unless you like racing).

For any Cincinnati haters out there, this is a GREAT midwest city. No, it's not New York or Boston, but Cincy has a lot going for it. If you like to go out, there are so many places to go and the history behind the city is truly amazing.

I recently went on the Duck Tour and most of the boat was filled with tourists. They seemed to be rather surprised at the history behind the city and were full of questions. It put into perspective how people from Toronto, Philly and Denver thought our city was exciting and cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati