U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 01:02 PM

114 posts, read 171,357 times

Advertisements

Just reporting back for anyone who is looking for the same thing next year. We drove by Kilgour around 8 and the lot was already full with people walking over to Ault Park. All the sides street anywhere near the park were also packed. Ended up driving down to Otto Armleder Park and had a great view of the fireworks up on the hill in Ault Park. Since your basically sitting in a big flood plain we were also able to see 3 different professional firework displays in the distance - downtown for the Reds, Milford (I think), and Blue Ash. There were probably about 50 cars down there in the various lots so we were home in 15 minutes no problem. I would definitely recommend this park for a low key spot to view the fireworks with no crowds or traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 04:54 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,360,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio123 View Post
Just reporting back for anyone who is looking for the same thing next year. We drove by Kilgour around 8 and the lot was already full with people walking over to Ault Park. All the sides street anywhere near the park were also packed. Ended up driving down to Otto Armleder Park and had a great view of the fireworks up on the hill in Ault Park. Since your basically sitting in a big flood plain we were also able to see 3 different professional firework displays in the distance - downtown for the Reds, Milford (I think), and Blue Ash. There were probably about 50 cars down there in the various lots so we were home in 15 minutes no problem. I would definitely recommend this park for a low key spot to view the fireworks with no crowds or traffic.
Thanks for your report back. With this year being just about perfect weather wise I can see the crowds swelling with let's go find some fireworks.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:24 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,409,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Certainly you are safe to walk 2.5 miles west from the park at any time, 3am even. That takes you to the Regency at Madison and Observatory. Safe every step.

But why not park at Biggs in HP Plaza and walk up Marburg, then up Pinehurst then into the park?

The Fireworks are not so visible from the west at least more west than my house which is about 1500 feet due west from the pavilion. That is because the pavilion is about 60 feet lower than the highest point to the west so when you go a mile or so west, you have the Observatory peak in your way.

I'd hate to send you somewhere that you could not see the fireworks, but it looks to me as though Otto Armleder Park, about 4000 feet to the south might have a view. I am not at all certian bout this though because it is 250 feet below the park and there is a little rise on the south side of the park. If all else fails, swing down Wooster Pike and if you see a crowd at the dog park (Armleder) then its a go. I have some doubts though and wouldn't chance it if it was my first trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio123 View Post

Thank you for following my suggestion and also for reporting back. Now we know. I live across the street from Kilgour and watch the fireworks from my pool deck, so I have not had the occasion to go down and try Otto Armleder Park. Glad to know it worked and I will now recommend it to the many people who want to park in my driveway.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you for following my suggestion and also for reporting back. Now we know. I live across the street from Kilgour and watch the fireworks from my pool deck, so I have not had the occasion to go down and try Otto Armleder Park. Glad to know it worked and I will now recommend it to the many people who want to park in my driveway.
Mason did away with their separate fireworks, music concert, and kids activities a few years ago, deeming it to be too expensive for a one night event. I have not heard anything resembling a groundswell of displeasure at this, so apparently many people agreed.

Kings Island has taken up some of the slack. They have boosted their nightly in season fireworks display on the 4th and the 5th to 10 times its normal size. I couldn't see it last night due to being blocked by trees, but I sure could hear it. The map indicates it is being shot off on International Street near the front of the park. I would think one could park at the Lindner Family Tennis Center lots across I-71 and walk out onto the par 3 golf course along I-71 for a good view. The Tennis Center lots are off courseview dr, which is off fairway dr, which is off Kings Mills Rd near the entrance to the course.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:20 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,409,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Mason did away with their separate fireworks, music concert, and kids activities a few years ago, deeming it to be too expensive for a one night event. I have not heard anything resembling a groundswell of displeasure at this, so apparently many people agreed.

Kings Island has taken up some of the slack. They have boosted their nightly in season fireworks display on the 4th and the 5th to 10 times its normal size. I couldn't see it last night due to being blocked by trees, but I sure could hear it. The map indicates it is being shot off on International Street near the front of the park. I would think one could park at the Lindner Family Tennis Center lots across I-71 and walk out onto the par 3 golf course along I-71 for a good view. The Tennis Center lots are off courseview dr, which is off fairway dr, which is off Kings Mills Rd near the entrance to the course.

And, this relates to Ault Park fireworks exactly how?

Old 07-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Fireworks are fireworks. And how many places have a big display on July 5th? Since fireworks are a short lived event, I didn't want to start a new thread.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 AM

7,649 posts, read 5,404,882 times
Quote:
+1

If I wanted a thread on Fairfield fireworks, I would have started it. I wouldn't hijack an Ault Park thread

Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
+1

If I wanted a thread on Fairfield fireworks, I would have started it. I wouldn't hijack an Ault Park thread
That is you. I didn't post anything in the Ault Park thread until the fireworks were long over. So just exactly how is that hijacking the thread? It is only a discussion of alternatives.

In addition, the Ault Park thread was revived from 2011. So I hardly view it as sacrosanct.

Last edited by kjbrill; 07-06-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati