U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 PM

5,807 posts, read 10,384,280 times
I will admit one of the reasons why I developed a fascination and attraction to Cincinnati even though I'm not from there, well . . . . over the past few years, I've met a couple hotter-than-average young ladies from there.

Naturally, even though my logical side, says that means nothing about wher they are from, my intuitive, big picture, pattern-understanding side to me, made me wonder if there is a connection.

Then I realized that . . . Procter and Gamble is headquarter there. The maker of many grooming and beauty products.

Do you think that people who work for them, or are connected to them, have more exposure to products that would ultimately make them look good more than average.

Its just the way my strange brain works. I make connections between seemingly unrelated things all the time. On the Myers-Briggs scale, I am totally on the intuituve and not at all on the sensing.

I don't know if the attractive women I met, had any connection to Procter and Gamble, but I seriously wonder if there is a connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,664,039 times
Hmmm ... that seems a bit of a stretch.

Every guy I think has in their mind a city that produces the hottest ladies. For me, it's Toledo. Some of the talent out of that city ... well, Wow!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,975,729 times
Default Cincinnati + hottie = "Cincinnottie!"

'bout to pi!$$ myself laughing here. My sisters and I are P & G brats. We were raised in the bygone era when companies appreciated their employees and showed it: "Dividend Day" at Coney Island, overflowing gift baskets every December, all the company products you wanted for free. Since Dad worked in Product Development for a lot of his forty years with Uncle Procter, we even got to try out some new things before they went into the test-market phase. (A stack of uniformly shaped potato chips in a tennis ball can? Weird concept...but they're not greasy and they taste good...look what happened with that!)

Not once has any of us kids been called a "Cincinnottie" or anything close. (I'm thinking of what the equivalent of "Uptown Girl" or "California Girl" would be - and cracking up some more picturing some parody-type pics of ladies from Cincinnati's "Uptown" and "California.") Yours Truly carries the genes one would expect from my being the spawn of high school co-valedictorians with strong scientific aptitude. That's right - I'm balding and scrawny, with bad tooth alignment and almost hopelessly unathletic. The sisters fared somewhat better in the looks department and are both happily married, but ravishing beauties they're not. Based on the OP's logic we should've all been drop-dead gorgeous from childhoods spent eating Jif sandwiches and Duncan Hines brownies + brushing our teeth with Crest + shampooing with Prell, Head & Shoulders, Pert, etc. And Wyoming High School would look like "90210" instead of the typical collection of freaks n' geeks n' jocks n' preppies that it is.

The city's wonderful ice cream and detestable chili have nothing to do with how its native women look either. Nor do all its hills and the winding Ohio River, and the hideous summer weather they help create ("Air quality warning, highs in the upper 90's, lows in the upper 70's, relative humidity 99 percent, tornado watch in effect...repeat...repeat...") What a surprise, it all has to do with how daddy and mommy look, with the grandparents playing no small part.

But thanks for the laughs, OP, and congrats on making some good - um - connections.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:02 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,644,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
'bout to pi!$$ myself laughing here. My sisters and I are P & G brats. We were raised in the bygone era when companies appreciated their employees and showed it: "Dividend Day" at Coney Island, overflowing gift baskets every December, all the company products you wanted for free. Since Dad worked in Product Development for a lot of his forty years with Uncle Procter, we even got to try out some new things before they went into the test-market phase. (A stack of uniformly shaped potato chips in a tennis ball can? Weird concept...but they're not greasy and they taste good...look what happened with that!)

Not once has any of us kids been called a "Cincinnottie" or anything close. (I'm thinking of what the equivalent of "Uptown Girl" or "California Girl" would be - and cracking up some more picturing some parody-type pics of ladies from Cincinnati's "Uptown" and "California.") Yours Truly carries the genes one would expect from my being the spawn of high school co-valedictorians with strong scientific aptitude. That's right - I'm balding and scrawny, with bad tooth alignment and almost hopelessly unathletic. The sisters fared somewhat better in the looks department and are both happily married, but ravishing beauties they're not. Based on the OP's logic we should've all been drop-dead gorgeous from childhoods spent eating Jif sandwiches and Duncan Hines brownies + brushing our teeth with Crest + shampooing with Prell, Head & Shoulders, Pert, etc. And Wyoming High School would look like "90210" instead of the typical collection of freaks n' geeks n' jocks n' preppies that it is.

The city's wonderful ice cream and detestable chili have nothing to do with how its native women look either. Nor do all its hills and the winding Ohio River, and the hideous summer weather they help create ("Air quality warning, highs in the upper 90's, lows in the upper 70's, relative humidity 99 percent, tornado watch in effect...repeat...repeat...") What a surprise, it all has to do with how daddy and mommy look, with the grandparents playing no small part.

But thanks for the laughs, OP, and congrats on making some good - um - connections.

Why didn't you get a cushy job at P&G?

Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,408,144 times
GoyGuy... Keep hearing your refrain about the dislike of Cincinnati Chili. Obviously you are not in the majority. Just last night I made cheese coneys at home using the canned chili variety, ummm good. And now to see Gold Star has put double-deckers on their menu, emulating some of the smaller local outfits such as Blue Ash Chili, which we are blessed to have one here in Mason about 3/4 mile from my house. I remember years ago the old Marathon Inn in Silverton which was also Greek run and offered the scrumptious double-deckers along with the Cincinnati Chili. Unfortunately I have reached the age where wolfing down a large 5-way plus a ham & beef double-decker in one sitting has become a problem.

But I am not prejudicial. Just this past week I spotted a particularly good looking large package of lean stew beef at the market. Brought it home, used the cleaver to cube it down to 1/4" or less, browned it and tossed in the crock pot. Threw in a package of hot chili mix, a large can of crushed stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, and some extra chili powder. Also tossed in some finely diced onion. Cooked it on low for several hours. Then I tossed in my favorite, a couple cans of Kroger's brand of Chili Hot Kidney Beans. Now I know the aficionados will label my efforts as sacrilegous, particularly the onion and beans. But you know what - I could care less! I have been making this concoction for years, it suits my taste, and I could care less what anyone else thinks.

So I had a bowl of my version of Southwestern Chili for lunch and the Cincinnati Chili Cheese Coneys for dinner. Let's face it, I just like Chili, any variety any way, just so it pleases my taste.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,965,971 times
I do product testing sometimes at P & G's Consumer Village. It looks to me like here at their multi-national headquarters, they're able to attract plenty of the youngest and brightest from all over. For better or for worse, "top-quality employee" still oftentimes translates to "smart, educated AND attractive employee." The OP might be onto something about the P & G connection, not from a product standpoint but from a demographic one.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
GoyGuy... Keep hearing your refrain about the dislike of Cincinnati Chili. Obviously you are not in the majority. Just last night I made cheese coneys at home using the canned chili variety, ummm good. And now to see Gold Star has put double-deckers on their menu, emulating some of the smaller local outfits such as Blue Ash Chili, which we are blessed to have one here in Mason about 3/4 mile from my house. I remember years ago the old Marathon Inn in Silverton which was also Greek run and offered the scrumptious double-deckers along with the Cincinnati Chili. Unfortunately I have reached the age where wolfing down a large 5-way plus a ham & beef double-decker in one sitting has become a problem.

But I am not prejudicial. Just this past week I spotted a particularly good looking large package of lean stew beef at the market. Brought it home, used the cleaver to cube it down to 1/4" or less, browned it and tossed in the crock pot. Threw in a package of hot chili mix, a large can of crushed stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, and some extra chili powder. Also tossed in some finely diced onion. Cooked it on low for several hours. Then I tossed in my favorite, a couple cans of Kroger's brand of Chili Hot Kidney Beans. Now I know the aficionados will label my efforts as sacrilegous, particularly the onion and beans. But you know what - I could care less! I have been making this concoction for years, it suits my taste, and I could care less what anyone else thinks.

So I had a bowl of my version of Southwestern Chili for lunch and the Cincinnati Chili Cheese Coneys for dinner. Let's face it, I just like Chili, any variety any way, just so it pleases my taste.
Do you have Cincinnottie daughter(s)?

Old 07-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I do product testing sometimes at P & G's Consumer Village. It looks to me like here at their multi-national headquarters, they're able to attract plenty of the youngest and brightest from all over. For better or for worse, "top-quality employee" still oftentimes translates to "smart, educated AND attractive employee." The OP might be onto something about the P & G connection, not from a product standpoint but from a demographic one.
An enginerd will always be an enginerd, though! The film industry will forever be that which has the highest quantity of good-lookers and, by logical extension, most of the children of beautiful actresses and actors will also be double-take-worthy.
I've always found Suth'na's to have the highest probability of causing wow's, whether Texan or Appalachian or Virginian or from anyplace within those geographic parameters. All may be equal in the looks department, but talk in the drawl I started hearing in the womb and I'm hooked. (Some people are had at hello. I'm had at a drawn-out "he-e-ey." ) In other words - maybe even more so with men - sometimes there's no accounting for taste. One's "YEAH" is another's "meh."
Maybe the OP could make an excursion to Oakland, where one of the larger local employers is P & G spinoff Clorox. If he likes what he sees there maybe we're onto something. Or...could be that he favors what emerges from a heavily German gene pool.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 AM

...Typically sturdy but not voluptuous, often tall and naturally blonde, many Nati lasses whose families are rooted in Deutschland do end up being Cincinnotties. Whether or not they wash their hands with Ivory soap is neither here nor there.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:07 AM

1,880 posts, read 2,130,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post

If it helps, I don't find the chili particularly thrilling, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or