Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,426 times

Advertisements

^ Exactly.

The quality of life is great though. My friend's place in Clifton Heights is walking distance from scores of bars, restaurants, a few parks, and the University. It's in prime location and runs cheaper than most areas in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 12:55 PM
V23

15 posts, read 21,688 times
Clifton is a wonderful area not but a few miles from downtown and wonderful business district in the center. There are many beautiful homes and structures located in the area. The residents are from young college students who constantly walk the area all day to the nice residents who live in there wonderful beautiful old homes. As for these homes and them being money pits and hard to restore, most of the homes for sale would have been already bought way back in the 80's and all the painstaking restoration is mostly taken care of. If your going to buy one of those homes, chances are it has central air already and has been thoroughly taken care of. Besides the homes, I LOVE the shops and eateries up there. There are just so many to choose from. A week ago I was up at the Thai Express, a little restaurant where I just went in ordered pick my amount of spice (3) which be careful because 3 even had a little kick to it. But anywho, It has many places to choose from. Let me also talk about North Avondale, which has homes just as beautiful or even more beautiful. It generally has a bit more stock of older homes then Clifton but they are usually barely for sale since they remain very sought after. It doesn't have many shops or stores, let me be honest doesn't really have any but it is very close to Clifton and minutes from downtown. Also with North Avondale, it may have "Avondale" as its neighbor which is a sad beautiful crime ridden area but crimes there barely ever trickle over to North Avondale. It is safe and nice while at 9:00 pm you will see dog walkers and the elderly walking or on their way back to there beautiful old home. I would know this considering I'm sitting up in the bedroom of a North Avondale home. But anyways, Clifton is a great area and North Avondale is a great RESIDENTIAL area with beautiful homes.

Last edited by V23; 07-29-2011 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati