U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,966,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolden View Post
...Actually I am curious about that. Over the past several years I have looked at any number of stunning houses that...were built before 275, and now have the roar of the expressway most of the time. You go out into your large yard with beautiful trees and hear...traffic roaring. Hated that!! Im probably way too sensitive.

Does anyone else here care about road noise?
Over the course of a lifetime of home ownership, my husband and I have concluded that the traffic noise which is an absolute bane to us just must not bother everyone equally.

Over the course of about 20 years in our Lexington house--which was on a corner lot--the street running beside the house evolved from being a quiet, semi-country road into a heavily travelled secondary artery. There was a stop sign at the corner for the street in front of the house, which also began to experience a lot heavier traffic, too. The traffic noise, more than any other single factor, is what prompted me to want to move.

If forced into a choice, I'd live in a smaller, older house on a quiet cul-de-sac before I'd live in a larger, newer house on a busy street. It's really that big a deal to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 AM

10,139 posts, read 22,500,478 times
There are about 6 signs up, two of which are definitely for lease or sale. 3684 and 3744 look like they are both rentable and deep into the neighborhood.

I didn't get any phone numbers for you.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 AM

2,511 posts, read 3,369,947 times
Depending on the wind and atmospheric conditions, I can sometimes hear road noise from I-75, I-71, or Cross County, as I am located about a mile and a half from each. Other times it is dead silent. Road noise does not really bother me, but I hate fast traffic on my street, especially people who are looking for a shortcut that doesn't exist through my neighborhood and aren't paying attention to the kids on bikes, walking dogs, and joggers. I also dislike motorcycle riders that try to draw attention to themselves by making a ruckus in a neighborhood. I've been known to hit 15K+ RPM on my sportbike, but only during the middle of the day dozens of miles from residential areas. The old guys that rip around the neighborhood on cruisers with straight pipes and no helmets posing as Hell's Angels can tick me off, but they also make me laugh, especially when they pull into the driveway of a McMansion and embarrass their teenage children.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 PM

37 posts, read 115,878 times
I'm kinda kicking myself for posting here. All three lease available condos in that neighborhood sold this weekend, right from under me. I missed them by ONE DAY. 2 on Willowlea and 1 on Ashworth.

Talk about bummed and up a creek with no paddle. I literally have no idea what to do. My realtor is pushing me to live in East Walnut hills but I just don't want to deal with urban crime, panhandlers, traffic, etc. I'm so fed up with it.

I guess part of it is that I can't drive around because I'm out of state, but I just find it astounding that with a $1300 budget I can't find anything decent.

Last edited by computerpro3; 07-27-2011 at 12:05 AM..

Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 AM

405 posts, read 755,556 times
Sorry to hear you lost all 3 (although I would doubt its because other searchers read this board and rushed out to rent them-- but who knows??)

Surely you can rent something decent in that neighborhood for 1300 a month...good luck!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 AM

37 posts, read 115,878 times
Are there any lofts with garages worth looking at in my price range in safer areas of downtown? I've kind of given up on hyde park. There's just nothing listed on MLS.

107 Shillito place looks nice, but no prices on the website. I'm expecting them to be outrageous...

Last edited by computerpro3; 07-27-2011 at 12:30 AM..

Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 AM

10,139 posts, read 22,500,478 times
I'd look at the Grassmoor to see if there are rental signs up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati