Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 PM

6 posts, read 30,293 times

Advertisements

Not me, that's for sure. I've been searching for at least a month now, and I still can't seem to find a decent apartment; perhaps my expectations are unreasonable? The criteria I've been searching with up to this point are:
-Within 30 minutes of CVG (I work in Erlanger near the eastern side of the airport, just off 275)
-$750/month budget (not counting utilities, slightly flexible for the right place)
-Central AC
-W/D or hookups in the unit or building
-Garage

It seems like everywhere I look is lacking one of those things or is just plain junky. What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM

34 posts, read 73,278 times
I think the garage and the central air is holding you back. If you're looking to rent closer to downtown, everything is older, so probably none of the previous two. There are places out there that meet your criteria, just have to be patient. If you are tired of looking, I can help you, as I'm a real estate agent. Check out my profile for contact info.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:34 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
where are you looking? in some of the smaller rural towns within 30 minutes of CVG, you could certainly find all three. in the city it will be much harder.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM

41 posts, read 76,820 times
If a modern aesthetic suits, the American Can Lofts that are opening meet all of your criteria. They start at ~$550 for a single bedroom. Huge windows, nice views, right off 75 and 74.

American Can Loft Apartments for rent

Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
where are you looking? in some of the smaller rural towns within 30 minutes of CVG, you could certainly find all three. in the city it will be much harder.
So far I've been looking mainly on the KY side, in Erlanger, Florence, Burlington Ft Mitchell, Ludlow, Ft Thomas, etc. On the OH side, I've been looking for stuff around Anderson and Price Hill, as well as random areas closer to downtown. I don't really feel the need to be close to nightlife and whatnot, so as long as it's close to work, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesThoughts View Post
If a modern aesthetic suits, the American Can Lofts that are opening meet all of your criteria. They start at ~$550 for a single bedroom. Huge windows, nice views, right off 75 and 74.

American Can Loft Apartments for rent
I actually prefer modern styling, so that's definitely not an issue. I would prefer a private garage as opposed to a community one, but I will still definitely check it out. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variance View Post
So far I've been looking mainly on the KY side, in Erlanger, Florence, Burlington Ft Mitchell, Ludlow, Ft Thomas, etc. On the OH side, I've been looking for stuff around Anderson and Price Hill, as well as random areas closer to downtown. I don't really feel the need to be close to nightlife and whatnot, so as long as it's close to work, I'm happy.

I actually prefer modern styling, so that's definitely not an issue. I would prefer a private garage as opposed to a community one, but I will still definitely check it out. Thanks!
I don't think the American Can project is complete yet, so if you're needing a place to move in right now, it might not be the best choice.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
I certainly knew it could be/is difficult. And I have a dog, which makes it even more challenging.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Why not Mt. Washington? It is about 10 minutes to Five Mile Rd connector to I-275.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Why not Mt. Washington? It is about 10 minutes to Five Mile Rd connector to I-275.
I've been looking in Mt Washington as well, I just kinda lumped it in with Anderson in my earlier list.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,829,421 times
Pet fees are evil!
Loft conversions downtown should be fairly easy to find, since the supply exceeded the demand and many are now up for rent. Ditto for the section of Over-the-Rhine immediately to the north (between Central Parkway and Liberty St) which has been "rebranded" as The Gateway Quarter. Made-over tenements meet un-made-over tenements, trendy restaurants n' bars n' shops meet "ghetto" restaurants n' bars n' shops, shots are drunk inside while shots are fired outside, you get the picture.
For safe, bland surroundings with all the modern amenities you could hardly do better than the eastern and southern 275 belt. For all of this except perhaps safety (but better convenience to CVG) there's the Stetson Square apartment/townhouse "community" close by University Hospital and City West near Music Hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: