U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post

I remember back then when cruising Frisch's parking lot on Friday night after the HS football game was the In Thing to do. If you were not seen at Frisch's, you were invisible.

No matter what came later in the form of McDonalds, etc., they just never equalled the teenage hangout Frisch's was in their prime.

Yea, reminds me of the Frankie and Annette beach movies, something else we will not see the equal of again.
Can't help myself, kjbrill, but I can't resist adding to your #19 post (quoted from above) concerning those two very busy Frisch's (Fairfax and Roselawn). My HS buddies and I made our rounds through both, but hung out mostly at the Frisch's on Reading Rd. in Roselawn, circa '60-'63--and I can verify that they were packed with "The In Crowd" after any Friday night FB game!

And, as you mentioned, us guys () didn't know whether we were a part of a Frankie & Annette beach party movie (as we watched all the hot jocks and their hot girlfriends in their hot convertibles cruise slowly around and around) OR a part of Marlon Brando's The Wild One (as we witnessed cool guys roaming up and down the aisles, usually in packs, on either their new 650cc Triumph Bonnevilles or 883cc Harley-Davidson Sportsters) Yeah, kjbrill--those Frisch's--where many of us poor devils realized just how well testosterone and estrogen could be mixed, but that we were never the ones doing the mixing... ()
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Reputation: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Can't help myself, kjbrill, but I can't resist adding to your #19 post (quoted from above) concerning those two very busy Frisch's (Fairfax and Roselawn). My HS buddies and I made our rounds through both, but hung out mostly at the Frisch's on Reading Rd. in Roselawn, circa '60-'63--and I can verify that they were packed with "The In Crowd" after any Friday night FB game!

And, as you mentioned, us guys () didn't know whether we were a part of a Frankie & Annette beach party movie (as we watched all the hot jocks and their hot girlfriends in their hot convertibles cruise slowly around and around) OR a part of Marlon Brando's The Wild One (as we witnessed cool guys roaming up and down the aisles, usually in packs, on either their new 650cc Triumph Bonnevilles or 883cc Harley-Davidson Sportsters) Yeah, kjbrill--those Frisch's--where many of us poor devils realized just how well testosterone and estrogen could be mixed, but that we were never the ones doing the mixing... ()
Motorman... You are a little younger than me. By the mid 60s I was married with two kids. But the Frisch's magic extended over a couple of decades. For a short time in the early fifties, my parents and I lived within a couple of doors of Dave and Annette Frisch. Even though the business had taken off, Dave felt compelled to go to his favorite store the Mainliner in Fairfax and work the kitchen.

In later years, they would hold a huge summer yard party at their house in Kenwood. It was a large lot and they would cover it with tents for the party. And the grills were a going, unbelievable steaks. And Dave was right out there in the mix, making sure his guests were well fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
 
465 posts, read 356,019 times
Reputation: 129
Ah, kjbrill shows his true colors. I'm sorry he feels there is nothing to live for in Cincinnati. I can assure him that the younger generation doesn't share his views, even if they pay for his benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Reputation: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
Ah, kjbrill shows his true colors. I'm sorry he feels there is nothing to live for in Cincinnati. I can assure him that the younger generation doesn't share his views, even if they pay for his benefits.
If someone has a clue as to what the Hell this is talking about, please let me know.

As Sarah says, another Squirrel non-relative chomping. Of course, that is what rodents do.

Last edited by kjbrill; 01-14-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
If someone has a clue as to what the Hell this is talking about, please let me know.

As Sarah says, another Squirrel non-relative chomping. Of course, that is what rodents do.
I dunno, but I got his back. ()
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
 
2,886 posts, read 3,949,834 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
I dunno, but I got his back. ()
I think you must mean his tail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Reputation: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I think you must mean his tail.
Hey Sarah, I like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2012, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I think you must mean his tail.
Now, Sarah! That wasn't nice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM
 
465 posts, read 356,019 times
Reputation: 129
You are all describing restaurants from 40 YEARS AGO. That is ancient history. That is my point. This isn't Cincinnati history forum, it is cincinnati data today forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
You are all describing restaurants from 40 YEARS AGO. That is ancient history. That is my point. This isn't Cincinnati history forum, it is cincinnati data today forum.
You're absolutely right, Matthew--kjbrill made me do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top