U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 PM

4,734 posts, read 11,064,744 times

Advertisements

Frisch's not only still exists, they're still putting up some new ones to follow the urban sprawl. But a sad milestone was reached the other day when their Tri-County location (opened in 1963) shut down.

Tri-County Frisch’s closed; another to open in Liberty Twp this summer | New in Town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:35 AM

8 posts, read 23,773 times
Default Old restaurant/burger joint

Does anyone recall a small burger joint in northside? It was called the minit burger, and was located where the bp station is at knowlton's corner area , along with a produce market,and an army surplus store at the corner .

Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,267 times
If anyone knows the owners name or you have any pics please post them. I believe the owner was Kenny Collins. My mother worked at the downtown location with him and the night manager there was Harold. I would ask them but unfortunately they both have passed. Lisa K.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Yup, there was a Sixty Second Shoppe at Compton & Vine all right. The view from the Frisch's parking lot was unobstructed. Every few weeks the goyguy family would get treated to a meal at the home of the Big Boy. Sometimes I'd ask why we never went to the place across the street instead. Whatever the vague answer was, it's long since been lost to time. (Maybe they didn't give away coloring/comic books to the kids? LOL) As best as I can recall, the Sixty Second Shoppe on Vine St held on until about 1966-67. Then Burger Chef opened around the corner on Compton (where a Penn Station sub shop is now.) Probably the three-man tag team of Burger Chef and Jeff, and Big Boy, was what knocked it out of the ring.
Actually, the were open until at least 1972...I knew someone who used to work there.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:07 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,514,592 times
I certainly remember the Sixty Second Shoppe in Silverton. My then girlfrend, now wife of over 50 years and I attended a UC dance at the annex of Cincinnati Gardens. We just went there on our own. I spotted a couple of fraternity guys I knew and asked them if they would bring some soda back in a cup for my wife, since all they were really selling were setups. I should have known better. They came back with a large cup of ice all right. Unfortunately they had filled it with straight vodka.

A short time later she is saying Ken - I can't see. I take a look and remark You may see better if you open your eyes! Then it hit me she is drunk as a skunk. I did manage to get our coats from the cloakroom, while she stood with her back to the wall, banging her head against it. Somehow I managed to coax her across the street to the parking lot and into my car. Now what? I sure as Hell can't take her home in this condition.

So out to Silverton I drive and the Sixty Second Shoppe. I am not sure what time we arrived there, but it was still early. We stayed until they closed, pouring black coffee down her throat. Thankfully avoided any incidents out of control. While we were there I believe I had a couple of Big Sixties just out of a feeling of obligation.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 963 times
There was a Sixty Second Shop on Madison Rd. in East Hyde Park but it couldn't compete with the Frisch's Mainliner about half a mile further east on Madison just past Ridge Ave.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 616 times
Cool sixty second burgers

I went to the one in Walnut Hills spent my lunch money there at breakfast French flies and the juke box my first husband would hitchhike every morning to meet me there before school songs of the past
much like Frisch but the chain did not make it here the zip was 45206 surprise what you can remember and what you can not!!
take me on a sea cruise /will you love me tomorrow

Old 05-30-2017, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 469 times
Oakley location was best! As teenagers roaming the streets of Oakley
we went in to the Big Sixty on Madison Rd almost across from Oakley Grade school.

a dude name Baker was the late night cook and manager

My best friend Jerry Selhorst had a rough guy names Bob Bachor start a fight in there with him one time ..Jerry beat Bob up abd Baker just wanted everyone out of the place

Frank Robison outfielder for the Cincinnati Reds would bowl at Oakley Bowl and one night went in to Big Sixty's in Oakley and he and Baker got into a bad altercation with Frank being arrested

but we loved those Big Sixty's .The Eastern Hills Journal would have coupons "Two Big Sixty's "for a dollar yep we use those coupons !
Good Ole Oakley never forget those good times
just saying ..
Dann Freeman

Old 12-12-2017, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 288 times
Default Sixty Second Shop

There was a Sixty Second Shop in downtown Cincinnati between 7th and Garfield on Vine Street in the late '60's! It was real similar to Frisch's with no out door food areas!

Old 12-12-2017, 09:05 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,692,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dann freeman View Post
Oakley location was best! As teenagers roaming the streets of Oakley
we went in to the Big Sixty on Madison Rd almost across from Oakley Grade school.

a dude name Baker was the late night cook and manager

My best friend Jerry Selhorst had a rough guy names Bob Bachor start a fight in there with him one time ..Jerry beat Bob up abd Baker just wanted everyone out of the place

Frank Robison outfielder for the Cincinnati Reds would bowl at Oakley Bowl and one night went in to Big Sixty's in Oakley and he and Baker got into a bad altercation with Frank being arrested

but we loved those Big Sixty's .The Eastern Hills Journal would have coupons "Two Big Sixty's "for a dollar yep we use those coupons !
Good Ole Oakley never forget those good times
just saying ..
Dann Freeman

How about Henry's? Remember that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or