U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 08:25 PM

289 posts, read 1,333,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
How about Henry's? Remember that?
Of course: 15-cent hamburgers and 10-cent fries. One in Oakley and one in Finneytown.

Henry's was the one of the largest hamburger chains back in the days before McDonald's took off.

Good times.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 62 times
Wasn't the Sixty Second Shop on Central Pkwy right close to Findlay St. ? I remember the Carters Rest. in the Western Hills Shopping Center. Had good Big Boy like sandwiches. Then the best chicken in town was at the many Hitching Post Resturants. Thank the lord there are still a couple around and of course, Ron's Roost still serves the same chicken!

Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtlenn View Post
Sent my Friday nights cruising through Frisch's Mainliner in Fairfx back in the fifties also. Only place to go after the football games or bowling. Then eventually we'd find a parking space and order some great food thru that speaker and out they'd come with the food! Where I live now, there
is no Frisch's and am dying for a BIG BOY or a Brawny Lad or the Fish Sandwhich or the chili and spaghetti. Is it as good as it once was? YUM!
I do remember the name Aglamesies or however it's spelled. don't remember where it was located, just the name. My age is my excuse... spent many hours at Graeter's (sp?) on Hyde Park Sq. which was the neighborhood we lived in when I was growing up.
Does anyone remember a Jorge's restaurant across from the Carew tower entrance in downtown Cincy?
I do remember Jorge's. I worked downtown on 4th (as best I can recall) between Elm and Vine and used to eat lunch there all the time. It had an orange sign outside as I recall. Is the Carew Tower where Pogue's Department store was located?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or