Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM

18 posts, read 107,028 times

Advertisements

came into town for the fireworks, had a blast, hell of a grand finale, was pretty long

ate at all my favorite places that I could fit in, even some late night white castle adventures!

travelled down to New Richmond and hit Skippers, was a pretty laid back bar on the river, my kind of place.

hit up Mt Adams one night, Findlay market(they have been improving since last time I was there, doing an excellent job!)

thanks for all the fun in the Cincinnati area

although my flight was delayed and had to spend the night in the Charlotte airport(still recooperating after that) I had a blast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Great you had a good time here. Hope you will come back and do it again.

My daughter out at Fort Sill Oklahoma had to publish on her Facebook page how to get the WEBN Fireworks broadcast on a XIX link to feed the TV. She lamented about not being able to spend the entire day on the Serpentine Wall getting ready.

BTW, I still love White Castles. I am old enough to remember the Heidi Football Game of 1968. This was notorious due to the fact NBC cut away from the last 2 minutes of the game and the Oakland Raiders beat the New York Jets by scoring 2 touchdowns in the last minute.

My daughter makes our family goetta recipe at Christmas time and the guys at Fort Sill just eat it up. When you have a big crowd, goetta, eggs, pan fried potatoes, hot biscuits, they all make for a great meal.

She also prepares Cincinnati Style Chili for the unit, using a dry mix I supply her from Cincinnati. Again, most of them have never experienced anything close. It is amazing how those from California, and even Texas will take to our style of chili, particularly during a good football game. It is better if she does not call it chili, but rather spaghetti with meat sauce, onions and cheese. If not called chili then it is OK, and they may actually inquire about seconds, frankly they usually do and there is nothing left.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,906 times
Glad you had a good time, but try to come back for the fireworks again. I didn't go, but from everything I heard, the damp, foggy, rainy weather really hindered the viewing this year. And WEBN playing the wrong soundtrack for the first 10 minutes didn't help either.

This year it seemed like a perfect storm of problems.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:20 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times
Next time, for a laid-back place on the river go west from downtown instead of east. When I was in Cincy last month I tried Cabana on the River (ya don't say) in Sayler Park - loved it!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,426 times
Glad you guys like the 'natti as much as I do. There's nothing like taking in the urbanity of the area around the University on a cool fall stroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati