U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 AM

8 posts, read 7,944 times

Advertisements

Thanks again for all these responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhiggins View Post
7. Are people on the west side stereotyped in any way? How so...?

HELL YES. This is a big YES. Black people are segregated between pretty much Colerain and Winton Road. This also applies to areas East of Boudinot. If its easy to point out the good from the bad, its a good guess segregation is happening.
Very interesting. Would you say segregation has been an issue for a long time, or would you say this is a more recent development?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 PM

329 posts, read 565,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby64 View Post
Thanks again for all these responses.

Very interesting. Would you say segregation has been an issue for a long time, or would you say this is a more recent development?

Well some of my friends that have lived here for all of their life have told me it started getting obviously segregated in the early 2000's. So it's been this way (in the city limits) for a good amount of time and honestly nothing has really been done to improve quality of live for the people within the city limits.

As for the townships, excluding Colerain, it is hard to find colored people anywhere... Green Township is building plenty of things all over the map lately and it seems the townships are seeing improvement... Professionals are moving to my neighborhood, and it's nice to see other Asians (I am Filipino) that share my heritage and it makes me feel more welcome. Black professionals also who are richer than me, people judge blacks too much by color.

Overall, if one day the city paid attention to the Westside within the city limits and developed as much as the townships giving the unfortunate low class blacks and whites who are basically stuck in these deteriorating ghettos a chance for their kin to see life can be different, it will get better.

Eastside is fine Cincinnati, it will be for the years to come, stop devoting LITERALLY ALMOST EVERY FUND there and look at the poor who were born into an unfair childhood and life a better quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati