U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 01:09 PM

10,263 posts, read 10,015,150 times

Advertisements

thoughts ?

i've seen beautiful pictures of the city in the CD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM

2,886 posts, read 3,955,279 times
Eh, I don't like those list type things. The Cincinnati area offers certain amenities at an extremely reasonable housing cost. For me, those amenities include access to music and the arts, terrain which I consider appealing, and a nice park system. It's also where I grew up, and since I have no living relatives other than a couple of cousins out west, it provides my only sense of personal history and rootedness.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:21 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,656,446 times
1. Quirky, interesting and eclectic neighborhoods in a large metro area
2. Unique layout/stunning architecture/beautiful topography
3. Elite arts and historic arts venues
4. Pro sports/major college sports
5. Location at the confluence of the Midwest, East and South - All four seasons and within a day's drive or less of NYC, DC, Cleveland, Philly, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Atlanta, St. Louis, Memphis, Baltimore, Milwaukee and all points in between

Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 PM

31,223 posts, read 57,365,082 times
For a city its size, there's an awful lot to do in and around Cincinnati. And it's affordable.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,374,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
1. Quirky, interesting and eclectic neighborhoods in a large metro area
2. Unique layout/stunning architecture/beautiful topography
3. Elite arts and historic arts venues
4. Pro sports/major college sports
5. Location at the confluence of the Midwest, East and South - All four seasons and within a day's drive or less of NYC, DC, Cleveland, Philly, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Atlanta, St. Louis, Memphis, Baltimore, Milwaukee and all points in between
I like your 5 reasons. To me they say a lot about Cincinnati. I am glad my great-grandparents immigrated here to settle and I have stayed here. My kids who have moved out of the area are only hoping for the day when their circumstances can bring them back. For all we can argue about the current and future of Cincinnati, the area is still a great place to live.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,656,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I like your 5 reasons. To me they say a lot about Cincinnati. I am glad my great-grandparents immigrated here to settle and I have stayed here. My kids who have moved out of the area are only hoping for the day when their circumstances can bring them back. For all we can argue about the current and future of Cincinnati, the area is still a great place to live.
That is good to hear, and it accurately described me about a year ago and it likely describes a lot of people from Cincinnati that are scattered around the country.

And I think we all know what we need to bring them back: Jobs, jobs and more jobs.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:02 AM

5,318 posts, read 6,620,829 times
Quote:
That is good to hear, and it accurately described me about a year ago and it likely describes a lot of people from Cincinnati that are scattered around the country.

And I think we all know what we need to bring them back: Jobs, jobs and more jobs.

That's why I left.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 AM

7,136 posts, read 10,678,769 times
1. Good place to raise a family

2. Affordable housing, groceries, etc.

3. Great schools - public and private, elementary - grad school

4. One of the best library systems and park systems in the country

5. Safe, I never felt uneasy when walking alone

Worst thing about Cincinnati - the weather - too many gray, cold days for me

Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

29 posts, read 36,177 times
Skyline Chili...

Cincinnati is a great place to live, really.
I love all the local squares with their little shops and eateries.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM

5,807 posts, read 10,352,728 times
Quote:

Whats interested however, is that Cincinnatis population growth rate was higher than the national average and the unemployment rate is under the national average. It actually does a little bit better on these stats than Chicago.

It may not be the economic dynamo like certain areas of the country but the diverse corporations in Cincinnati do give it a fair amount of economic stability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or