Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,904 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I am moving to Cincinnati in a month and have been trying to research apartments online, but have had limited success. I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom, something upscale, can pay $1000-$1500/month. I would like to be walking distance to one of the squares.

So far I have found the Drexel in Oakley, but that's about it. Any suggestions of other buildings or property managers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM

29 posts, read 42,798 times
Talking No doubt about it,you're gonna love it!

My son lives in Mt. Lookout.
There seem to be lots of apartments there. Good luck to ya!

Old 09-26-2011, 04:19 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,771 times
The Drexel at Oakley pretty much stands alone in the area, and it's a nice option. I guarantee you can find apartments or houses for the price you want to pay, but many of these are going to be one off type situations. It's an area that doesn't lend itself (space-wise) to hold many large apartment complexes, let alone upscale ones. My advice is contact a local realtor with some connections to a rental agency and they can point out some options.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:34 PM

5 posts, read 9,694 times
Default Any luck?

Hi-

I'm going to be Relocating to Cincinnati and wanted to know if you had any luck with your search for an apartment in Hyde Park/Oakley/Mt Lookout ? My search criteria are pretty much exactly the same as yours and I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Jess

Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessgato View Post
Hi-

I'm going to be Relocating to Cincinnati and wanted to know if you had any luck with your search for an apartment in Hyde Park/Oakley/Mt Lookout ? My search criteria are pretty much exactly the same as yours and I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Jess

Jess, you will have no trouble in that price range. You can look around HP Square, But I would start On Madison Road and head east. There are probably 50 places to live in your price range between Grandin Road and Madison and Masidon and Edwards.

Same process for Erie from Madison to HP Country Club.

One of the fellows here moved to Chestnut Station and said he was satisfied with it. Its at Ashworth and Erie. Its walkable to East HP (where there are plenty of spots of entertainment and Ault PArk (the nicest park in Cincinnati).

So good luck to you.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 AM

303 posts, read 917,555 times
Drexel is the main upscale, new construction apartment complex. The Drexel at Oakley Apartments. There's also Brookstone Village, near Crossroads in Oakley. Luxury Apartments in Cincinnati | Brookstone Village Apartments

If you want a smaller, older apartment building (vs. complex), there are more choices. Grandin Properties has some lovely buildings on and near Hyde Park Square. Grandin Properties- Greater Cincinnati Apartments and Corporate Suites - 513.871.7110. There's also Paradrome Properties: Index.

Then there are houses that have been divided into apartments and rented directly by the owners, so you'll find these the old-fashioned way: craigslist.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger69 View Post
Drexel is the main upscale, new construction apartment complex. The Drexel at Oakley Apartments. There's also Brookstone Village, near Crossroads in Oakley. Luxury Apartments in Cincinnati | Brookstone Village Apartments

If you want a smaller, older apartment building (vs. complex), there are more choices. Grandin Properties has some lovely buildings on and near Hyde Park Square. Grandin Properties- Greater Cincinnati Apartments and Corporate Suites - 513.871.7110. There's also Paradrome Properties: Index.

Then there are houses that have been divided into apartments and rented directly by the owners, so you'll find these the old-fashioned way: craigslist.
Brookstone may not be what it was 15 years ago. Beware the apartment complex that has to put an obnoxious flashing sign board outside to attract tenants.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:19 PM

901 posts, read 2,386,239 times
Just a word of advice....before you go shelling out that kind of money for a place in a complex, do yourself a favor and look at the places in the privately owned 2 family buildings dotting the Hyde Park/Oakley/Mt. Lookout area. You'll have to look on Craigslist, or the Enquirer classifieds to find them. Or maybe drive around the area. I once looked at a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor of a two-family home on one of the side streets off of Markbreit (Millsbrae? Eileen? I don't recall which of those two it was) - and it was phenomenal. The building was rather nondescript from the outside, but the apartment was amazing. Original woodwork (stained, not painted), brick walls in the eat-in kitchen, stained glass windows, unique layout with a sun room, clawfoot tub in the bath, etc. Back then it was about $575 a month, but that was years ago. The same place today could easily rent for $900-$1000 a month.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Yea, I started to dump on those complexes too. I'd never live in either one. Yuck.

But, I put my advice up there and each to his own. And the OP started with interest in it. So be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: