U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:32 PM

29 posts, read 36,183 times

Advertisements

I will be moving there soon from Michigan. Not safe here.

I would appreciate all the information that you swell folks can give me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 03:51 PM

5,318 posts, read 6,622,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymshoes View Post

Thanks!

Really? Pretty safe in my community.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,003,141 times
Its safe, just kind of boring and isolated. Blanchester itself is actually in Clinton County.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,656,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymshoes View Post

Thanks!
Well, an early welcome to the area!

What kind of information, exactly, are you looking for? There are plenty of people on here who will help. And are you looking at Blanchester and Warren County? They are two different places.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:56 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,377,243 times
Yes, Blanchester and Warren Co are not synonymous. Do you have a specific objective, or are your just casting lines? Nothing wrong with that, just clarify your objective.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM

29 posts, read 36,183 times
Moving to Warren County.
Currently living in Flint, MI. One of the worst, most crime-ridden places in the country.
My sons live in Mt. Lookout and Loveland.
I guess Blanchester will be the closest place for shopping, banking, etc.
I can't find out hardly anything about the area.
Boring? Fine with me, it's close enough to Cincinnati to do stuff there, Eastgate mall is not to far.
But I just can't find out anything about Blanchester, which looks like the closest town to where I will be moving.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 PM

When I was a young pup, I am now in my seventies, Blanchester was a small country farming community. My family had friends, the man of which worked at Cincinnati Milling Machine Co. (THE MILL) in Oakley. Wow, what a commute back then. I know it has changed, but not that much. It is likely still a small country farming community with a few amenities. But that is not at all bad. Like everywhere else, I am certain they will have the typical big box stores close by. I would live there in a heartbeat.

The one thing I am confused about is you keep mentioning Blanchester and Warren Co. Blanchester is in Clinton Co. and not all that close to the county border. So where is the confusion here?

Close by are Stonelick and East Fork Reservoir Lakes. If you like fishing, a slam dunk.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 PM

31,223 posts, read 57,377,537 times
Blanchester is a quaint, quiet place. A friend of mine lived in the village for years; she loved it. Everything she needed was within walking distance.

Things may have changed since then, though, but it's still a quintessential small town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
The one thing I am confused about is you keep mentioning Blanchester and Warren Co. Blanchester is in Clinton Co. and not all that close to the county border.
Actually, Blanchester is in both Warren and Clinton counties. Some might even be in Clermont, unless that's just the school district I'm thinking of. And the 45107 ZIP is spread into Clermont and Brown counties as well.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Well tattoo me and call me an idiot. I knew Blanchester is on Route 28. But the fact part of it is in Warren Co. I never realized. It is amazing how things I thought were so far away when I was young I realize are just around the corner today. Not really just around the corner but accessible.

Last edited by kjbrill; 10-06-2011 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: content

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM

OP - gymshoes... don't know whether you have made your decision. But Blanchester certainly has to be classified as a safe, rural, type of community. If your sons are in Loveland and Mt Lookout that is not very far. Just very curious as to whether you are considering a type of retirement community or what, as Blanchester is not on the top of the radar screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati