U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,953,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
is this some kind of strange joke?
I ask myself that same question CONSTANTLY as I read this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,369,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
is this some kind of strange joke?
No, I dio not think it is a strange joke. The fact is most neighborhood farmers makets today do not deal in fresh meats. They may have many yeas ago, but not today.

But I do back to my original post, do you feel the same quality of ground beef is being presented to you in the market? My statemen is NO, it has more gristle content and other undesirables over our normal expectations.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 AM

6,351 posts, read 18,891,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I ask myself that same question CONSTANTLY as I read this forum.
Sarah, even as a Mod, I can't give you the amount of rep points that great post deserves; you've made my day!

But; BOT: We buy our meat exclusively from Dorothy Lane Market and have never been disappointed. I realize that even the Springboro store is a drive for most of the members on this forum.

Which Charleston, Wilson? OH, WV, or SC? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM

526 posts, read 1,260,155 times
I don't use much ground meat so I don't have any first-hand experience with the issue but I wonder if a call to Kroger might be in order? They may have some explanation and possible solution to the problem.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 183 times
Maybe I'm not going crazy. I love meatloaf. Plain old meatloaf. I like experimenting with different concoctions but I usually only use ground beef and not pork. For months now I've been disappointed with my results and had come to the conclusion that it was the ground beef. I also use Giant, Walmart and look for the best I can find but I've been disappointed every time. I keep getting a grainy, chunky something I don't appreciate texture.

I've found the same disappointment in burgers. I feel like I'm eating tiny chunks instead of beef.

I'm going to try to find a local butcher to see if there's a difference.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:36 PM

14,976 posts, read 16,555,590 times
Seven years and the ground beef problem has still not been worked out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati