Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:37 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,739 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard? A realtor told me that Fischer, Robert Adam Homes, and John Henry Homes will be participating. That same person said that the streets, sewage, water, etc. will be finished by 3/01/12 and lots can be selected at this point. That seems rather aggressive given nothing's been started as of today.

Are the developer's plans available to the public via City of Mason? I'd love to see which section(s) they are first going to develop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 08:07 PM

465 posts, read 473,716 times
Don't hold your breath. New exurban developments like this won't return for years. The demand just isnt' there. You should look elsewhere.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,624 times
^ If that was the case Citirama would not be going on every year. A new was just announced 2 days ago for northside this year.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
Don't hold your breath. New exurban developments like this won't return for years. The demand just isnt' there. You should look elsewhere.
I'm not sure about that. I walked the perimeter of Phase 2 yesterday, and really liked the row on the left as you walk in because it's lined with large, mature trees with the big creek just down the hill. I think that will appeal to a lot of people.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 AM

When I say "developments like this" I mean far flung exurban developments, not new developments. Citirama is going on because its not exurban or even suburban, but because it is much more central. That is WHY its happening. When I say "demand", I mean a lack of people who can come up with the money more than I mean a lack of people who want to live there. The alternative to development in mason is development in blue ash or norwood, not no development at all.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
When I say "developments like this" I mean far flung exurban developments, not new developments. Citirama is going on because its not exurban or even suburban, but because it is much more central. That is WHY its happening. When I say "demand", I mean a lack of people who can come up with the money more than I mean a lack of people who want to live there. The alternative to development in mason is development in blue ash or norwood, not no development at all.
Gotcha. I'm a country boy at heart, but have a "professional" job which requires me to live near a city. I like treed yards with streams preferably. That's what's drawn me to the "countryside."

Some people like the urban feel, and that's great. At my station in life, with wife and small kids, that's not going to work for me. But I'm a huge fan of downtown and pray for its success. It's possible for both settings to flourish.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,624 times
Quote:
Again if that statement was true they wouldn't be building Homarama in Clermont country in 2012.

Homearama 2012 picks its site - Business Courier

Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM

Homerama is a perfect example of the final desperate gasps of the old way. It doesn't get a tenth of the visitors in did in the 80s and early 90s and certainly doesn't get visitors under 35. Old ways don't disappear over night. They fade away. Horse drawn carriages and cars coexisted for 15 or 20 years. Homerama and citirama will do the same. As one fades the other will rise. You can't stop change!

I'm not talking about "feel" as much as I'm talking about the economics. Whatever people want they can only have what they can afford. That is what is driving the changes in the housing market today.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Just spoke with someone close to the situation that Phase 2 is to break ground in March with 30 lots being made to builders in the beginning of June. Very exciting!!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,792,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Just spoke with someone close to the situation that Phase 2 is to break ground in March with 30 lots being made to builders in the beginning of June. Very exciting!!
I would just have some cautions about the terrain. I am familiar with the overall plot of ground and the fact it took forever to be developed. It never was much as farmland, so there must be some reason it took so long to be developed as homes. I would classify it as a rocky outcropping with some severe slopes, etc. down to the main creek-bed.

If I were to consider purchasing a home there, I would want some iron-clad guarantees I would not end up with a wet basement, etc. due to runoff from the hillside. If built and drained properly there should be no problem. I would just want some assurances, as after the fact repairs can be quite expensive.

The homes which have been built there thus far are very attractive, and for convenience to I-71 and downtown Cincy you can't beat it. And all of the ammenities of Mason are extremely close.

If you end up buying there, I am sure I will run into you sometime at the Kroger on 741 (Kings Mills). It is about 1-1/2 miles from my house and about 3/4 mile from Carmelle. Just so damn convenient it is hard to ignore. I probably end up there about 4 days out of 7.

Yes the development has slowed down here, but an area like Carmelle, 30 new homes are a drop in the bucket. Looking at everything they offer they will be gone quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati