U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM

13,756 posts, read 22,977,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I like discussing those made in Cincinnati. Worthmore is a brand which has been here forever. If you have never tried their mock turtle soup you need to. I will warn you when poured into a pan to heat up, you may have reservations about some of the appearance. What are those white and yellow things floating around? Simple, flecks of hard-boiled egg whites and yolk. They will not attack you.

I personally like Worthmore canned variety of Cincinnati Chili. Yes, they do make it, and I believe to a high quality.

We need to support Cincinnati companies.
Personally preferred Stegner's Chili and their turtle soups. Unfortunately, they are out of business.

Worthmore is also pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,422,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Personally preferred Stegner's Chili and their turtle soups. Unfortunately, they are out of business.

Worthmore is also pretty good.
Thanks for mentioning Stegner. Their chili was very good. Did they make real turtle soup rather than mock?

Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 AM

13,756 posts, read 22,977,894 times
Quote:
Thanks for mentioning Stegner. Their chili was very good. Did they make real turtle soup rather than mock?
I cannot say for sure toward the end when they got into the "heater meals."

However, in their better years, yes, they offered both real and mock turtle soup as well as the Cincinnati Chili.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I cannot say for sure toward the end when they got into the "heater meals."

However, in their better years, yes, they offered both real and mock turtle soup as well as the Cincinnati Chili.
A great comment. I though Stegner offered actual turtle soup, though I cannot remember whether I actually had it, maybe was too young when my parents served it to me to remember.

I am a fan of patronizing those companies which still remain in Cincinnati. That is why I buy Queen City and Bluegrass meats products. Either one of them still beats that whatever sausage out of Wisconsin they call brautwurst.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:23 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,525,408 times
Quote:
A great comment. I though Stegner offered actual turtle soup, though I cannot remember whether I actually had it, maybe was too young when my parents served it to me to remember.

I am a fan of patronizing those companies which still remain in Cincinnati. That is why I buy Queen City and Bluegrass meats products. Either one of them still beats that whatever sausage out of Wisconsin they call brautwurst.
KJ, I hope you have Avril Bleh on your list of places. I really think they make the best fresh pork sausages in town. On Court St. three doors east of Walnut.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
KJ, I hope you have Avril Bleh on your list of places. I really think they make the best fresh pork sausages in town. On Court St. three doors east of Walnut.
Wilson... But you see that would require me to actually go into town to partronize them. As you can probably tell, I have absolutely no reason to go into the City today, probably why so many resent me. If Butcher Bills in Mason cannot meets my needs, I don't need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati