Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 AM

2 posts, read 7,514 times

Advertisements

Maple Street Homes Sucks dont buy Homes thru Maple STreet Homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 03:43 PM

5 posts, read 10,143 times
Default still building

As a small builder in the area I have faced and been beaten up big builders like Ryan for years. Now they are running because they have so much overhead, so much land under contract that they cant afford their payments. All of a sudden small to midsize builders without the massive overhead have an advantage.
I am still building, remodeling, roofing and doing quite well inspite of the doom and gloom of the big national builders.
If someone wants a first class project handled with honesty and integrity feel free to e-mail me at rasher28@gmail.com

Old 04-08-2009, 08:12 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Look - I am by no means a cheerleader for Ryan. But to suggest that they are running is silly - from a business standpoint, they have a great operation. They own no land, so they carry no overhead.

Perhaps some of the other builders are having that problem, but Ryan is not. Ryan has simply pulled back from markets where it can't make adequate profit - again, whatever I think of them personally or the quality of their houses (adequate, though not outstanding) - I admire their business sense.

I am happy to hear that you, small builder, are doing well. We would have loved to custom build - but to be quite honest, the prices that the custom "small builders" were charging were kind of outrageous when we purchased. I am sure that you may not like the big builders, or the big builders products - but there is a reason they were so successful, and the truth is that a lot of people are cost concious about certain things, and in some cases - that was best met by a large scale building operation with economies of scale.

Hope your building projects continue to go so well! This economy needs as many operations succeeding as it can get!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM

3 posts, read 12,260 times
Cool Ryan Homes

Beware! Several years ago, maybe 20..Ryan did the same thing in the Mason/West Chester area. My husband and I built a Ryan Home in Miamisburg, Oh and one day...they were gone.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 PM

282 posts, read 806,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac3of4 View Post
Once again we have a leak in the basement. Two huge cracks in the walls from ceiling to floor. And Yes the basement is finished. This home is only 8 months old and we have already had 3 major leaks. I will let you know what happens. Oh and the district manager who oversees this area said that the cracking is normal. Yea and I was born yesterday.
It sounds like to me they did a very poor job of ensuring the ground was solid/compacted enough to support the foundation. Now, with the weight of the whole house on top of it, it is putting excessive lateral and vertical stresses on your foundation and basement walls.

This is not normal and definitely suggests poor building, don't let them tell you it is "normal." I hate to say it, but it sounds like your only recourse is a legal option.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 AM

3 posts, read 19,715 times
Do your own research ryanhomesnightmare.com

Old 09-05-2015, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,236 times
Hi All. Does anyone own a Ryan home in the Woodbury Glen subdivision? We are looking to build there and are very impressed with everything they are offering. The model home looked great and neighborhood is nice.

Any advice?

Old 09-08-2015, 06:14 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa.D View Post
Hi All. Does anyone own a Ryan home in the Woodbury Glen subdivision? We are looking to build there and are very impressed with everything they are offering. The model home looked great and neighborhood is nice.

Any advice?
Hi Lisa!

To be honest - I suggest you start a new thread on this. This particular thread is now 5+ years old, and your very specific question might be overlooked.

I don't know where woodbury glen is, so I can't comment - but if you start your own thread you might get some better replies.

best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati