Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:46 PM

901 posts, read 2,386,816 times

Advertisements

Gee, another thread about the streetcars...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM

465 posts, read 473,869 times
Gee, another vote about streetcars. . .

Old 11-04-2011, 04:32 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
Gee, another vote about streetcars. . .
Exactly.

We've already said "yes" to streetcars once, but apparently that wasn't enough for COAST. And if streetcars get the green light again on Tuesday, is there any doubt we'll be right back here in a year or two?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Gee, another thread about the streetcars...?
Extra time on your hands, anyone?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:14 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times
Oh Cincinnati, please pass the streetcar:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=195045

I truly wish people had the experience to travel like I do. I get to go to so many awesome places and meet great people all over. If Cincinnati can learn transit issues, and know what all this means, I know the streetcar and regional rail would already be a huge success there. Obviously for decades what they have been doing hasn't worked, and the declining population speaks volumes. If people say no to this, there are a lot of people in Cincinnati holding it back then.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Exactly.

We've already said "yes" to streetcars once, but apparently that wasn't enough for COAST. And if streetcars get the green light again on Tuesday, is there any doubt we'll be right back here in a year or two?
What's the guys name, Smitherman? It is one thing to have a personal bias and look out for your politcal campaign, but to lie to the public when the facts are out there that have proved you wrong but you know the majority will be lazy instead of looking up the facts, tells me this guy is as corrupt as they come.

He will make sure Cincinnati never has rail. I wouldn't be shocked if people say "no" to rail tommorow.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Cincinnati: the definition of schizophrenia. For that reason, I'll be surprised if the streetcar gets built at least in the next ten years.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:53 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
What's the guys name, Smitherman? It is one thing to have a personal bias and look out for your politcal campaign, but to lie to the public when the facts are out there that have proved you wrong but you know the majority will be lazy instead of looking up the facts, tells me this guy is as corrupt as they come.

He will make sure Cincinnati never has rail. I wouldn't be shocked if people say "no" to rail tommorow.
Chris Smitherman has a personal loathing for Mayor Mark Mallory, and because of it all of Cincinnati must suffer. Smitherman, the local NAACP chairman, doesn't oppose the streetcar, he just opposes anything the mayor tries to do. All you have to do is look at the national NAACP's stance toward streetcars and light rail - they are fully in support of such projects.

Because Smitherman hates our current mayor, the city must ban all rail for a decade. It's pathetic really.

COAST's presence in this whole thing is just background noise. They're suburban Tea Partiers who oppose anything. They're irrelevant. Smitherman, however, is lethally dangerous.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
I saw Smitherman on Media Bridges (public access) last week and he made more sense in 20 minutes than any of the pro streetcar promoters have in two years. I am not a fan of Smitherman, but he knows this streetcar is promoted solely by greed and influence peddling.

Keep your fingers crossed Cincinnati. A stake in the heart of this tird is just what is needed on Election Day.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I saw Smitherman on Media Bridges (public access) last week and he made more sense in 20 minutes than any of the pro streetcar promoters have in two years. I am not a fan of Smitherman, but he knows this streetcar is promoted solely by greed and influence peddling.

Keep your fingers crossed Cincinnati. A stake in the heart of this tird is just what is needed on Election Day.
Smitherman is quite the opposite. He is a liar and hides the facts. If it is true that he goes against the mayor, he is even more pathetic than he sounds. I have yet to hear one anti-streetcar advocate make any sense on the issue. In other threads, people have asked what you would do to make the city better. No one has come up with what they would do to make the city better.

The city hasn't done anything new for decades, what does it lead to, a 10% decline in population, loss of tax revenue, etc, etc. People bi*** and complain about police force, fire department, and everything else, but when it comes to making the city a better place and attracting residents, and keeping the police force, fire department; no one has anything to say to make the city a more attractive and livable area. Yet, 3CDC comes in and renovates OTR building by building, new development comes to the riverfront, and downtown. Connecting these by the streetcar would only bring in more investment. Cincinnati is too great of a city to pass amazing oppurtunities like this by.

So, what would you do to invest in the city? What would you do to stop population decline? How would you gentrify neighborhoods. All these anti streetcar people do is talk down on the streetcar, but the lack of knowledge on transit is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati