Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 12:05 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,530,387 times

Advertisements

I'll second Sarah Perry's credit union suggestion. We've been credit union members since the 1970's and, as far as my credit union membership goes; they'll have to pry my membership card from my cold, dead fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 11:04 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I'll second Sarah Perry's credit union suggestion. We've been credit union members since the 1970's and, as far as my credit union membership goes; they'll have to pry my membership card from my cold, dead fingers.
Wright-Patt?

Thanks, but I don't presently legally "...live, work, worship or attend school in Montgomery, Greene, Warren, Miami, Clark, Clinton or Champaign Counties in Ohio," etc., etc., etc.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Wright-Patt?

Thanks, but I don't presently legally "...live, work, worship or attend school in Montgomery, Greene, Warren, Miami, Clark, Clinton or Champaign Counties in Ohio," etc., etc., etc.
They also have branches in Greenhills and Norwood. From their webpage:

• Individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in the Township of Columbia, City of Deer Park, Village of Elmwood Place, Village of Fairfax, Village of Golf Manor, City of Kenwood, City of Norwood, City of Reading, City of Silverton, or City of St. Bernard, Ohio.
  • Individuals who live or work in the Village of Greenhills, City of Forest Park, or Springfield Township, Ohio (within the boundaries of the Winton Woods City School District).
  • Military personnel residing in a 14-county area adjacent to the Fairborn area who do not have a credit union available.
  • Retired United States Government military and civilian personnel.
  • Government employees residing near WPAFB who do not have credit union facilities at their places of employment.
  • Wright State University students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members.
  • Select groups made up of people associated through employment, geographic location, or other organizational affiliation.
Eligibility

Old 12-18-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
They also have branches in Greenhills and Norwood. From their webpage:

• Individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in the Township of Columbia, City of Deer Park, Village of Elmwood Place, Village of Fairfax, Village of Golf Manor, City of Kenwood, City of Norwood, City of Reading, City of Silverton, or City of St. Bernard, Ohio.
  • Individuals who live or work in the Village of Greenhills, City of Forest Park, or Springfield Township, Ohio (within the boundaries of the Winton Woods City School District).
  • Military personnel residing in a 14-county area adjacent to the Fairborn area who do not have a credit union available.
  • Retired United States Government military and civilian personnel.
  • Government employees residing near WPAFB who do not have credit union facilities at their places of employment.
  • Wright State University students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members.
  • Select groups made up of people associated through employment, geographic location, or other organizational affiliation.
Eligibility

Uh...

Please cast your eyes to the upper right corner of my post. There you will see "Covington." Do you see "Covington" in that list?

Well, did I ever work for the government? Yes, county, not federal.

Well, did I.... Well, did I not say, "etc."?

Yes, I can call them and see if owning a cemetery plot in Kettering qualifies me, but I have some doubts about that.

Thank you for your time in posting.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:27 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,499,450 times
Quote:
Uh...

Please cast your eyes to the upper right corner of my post. There you will see "Covington." Do you see "Covington" in that list?

Well, did I ever work for the government? Yes, county, not federal.

Well, did I.... Well, did I not say, "etc."?

Yes, I can call them and see if owning a cemetery plot in Kettering qualifies me, but I have some doubts about that.

Thank you for your time in posting.
There are other credit unions. I'm sure you qualify for at least one of them.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
There are other credit unions. I'm sure you qualify for at least one of them.
If you worked for county government that's probably your in to a credit union. Try contacting the Commonwealth Credit Union, based in Frankfort, but with a large internet presence, and see if you qualify.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,499,450 times
Our son has been with GE Federal Credit Union for some time now. He recommends it highly. 3 counties in NKY are included in their membership area.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:56 AM

Sarah Perry and rrtechno,

Belated thanks for your input (computer not working very well).

Sarah Perry: The county employment was in Ohio, so I have doubts there; but the suggestion is worth a look. I didn't know about that at all, and do appreciate the information.

rrtechno: I know someone who deals with G.E. and have asked him to ask a little before going farther. (No comment back yet.)

Thanks again to both of you for practical suggestions.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,370 times
Quote:
Sarah Perry and rrtechno,

Belated thanks for your input (computer not working very well).

Sarah Perry: The county employment was in Ohio, so I have doubts there; but the suggestion is worth a look. I didn't know about that at all, and do appreciate the information.

rrtechno: I know someone who deals with G.E. and have asked him to ask a little before going farther. (No comment back yet.)

Thanks again to both of you for practical suggestions.
Suggest you go here, and check out the link at #1. Ohio Credit Unions Consumer FAQ Page an Ohio Credit Union. Even though what I just posted references Ohio, I went back and clicked the #1 link and it's a national list. Hope that helps.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:07 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Carpathian, I don't understand why you ask for "best bank" then use the thread to vent about experiences, real or imagined, from your past. Or, use the request for information just to type messages.

Just sit back and listen to the answers to your question and make your decision.

With all due respect,please don't argue and stretch this into another bed bug thread.

FWIIW, I happen to like JP Morgan Chase for banking and investing. And, Sharefax for loans and everything else.

Last edited by mike1003; 01-01-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati