Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 07:26 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I know there's some people from Urban Ohio that lurk here or sometimes post, so I thought I would bump this thread for use until the site is back up.
Your intentions are good and hopefully posters will take advantage of the opportunity to discuss limited subject matter here. Years ago I requested that this thread be made a "sticky" so that it would remain visible at the the top of the menu like other stickies are. Unfortunately, at that time my request was denied. I still think it's a good idea, especially if the thread will elicit ongoing development information from new posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 12:55 PM

90 posts, read 117,975 times
Good idea. I feel like I have been lost in development news since urbanohio went down. Over the past couple of days I have been curious about a few of the current developments that have not had any recent news. The ones are skyhouse, 8th and main, 16 W central parkway, gateway to uptown, and skywheel. Anyone have any updates on these?

Old 10-23-2017, 02:01 PM

800 posts, read 950,774 times
UrbanOhio has hired a guy to restore the forum. No data has been lost.

This past weekend I noticed that earth is moving on the Kahn's site for the medical marijuana operation.

Also, work on the new apartment building across from Deaconess broke ground two weeks ago and is progressing. Additionally, the MOB nearest to University Ct. has been fenced off and presumably is being prepped for demolition.

Meanwhile, I noticed absolutely zero lights turned on in the main circa-1983 section of Deaconess. Up until recently there was a fair amount of overnight activity in the building, but from what I understand most of that has been moved to the old Jewish building on Burnett.

I don't know what the plan is for the big 1983 addition. It seems possible that the MOB is being demolished for parking that will enabled the 1983 addition to be converted into housing, somewhat like the 580 Walnut conversion downtown.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:25 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,582,686 times
4th and Race is still happening after financing has caused delays. Developers Say Fourth And Race Plan Will Happen Despite Financing Delays | WVXU

Old 10-24-2017, 12:01 PM

800 posts, read 950,774 times
For the latest development plan, the city will provide a $5.5 million grant to Flaherty and Collins and a $4 million loan to 3CDC

This project is no doubt in limbo because of the upcoming election. If Yvette wins, the $5.5 million in free money to this Cranley donor disappears and we might see a new developer brought in.

Cranley has no trouble raising money for his campaigns since a $1,100 donation can be repaid with a multi-million check from the city.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:25 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,582,686 times
Retro Arcade coming to Westwood: https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...west-side.html

Old 10-24-2017, 03:55 PM

90 posts, read 117,975 times
I went to a Madisonville community council meeting this past Thursday and the section of Madison and whetsel will become apartments, retail, and restaurants finally. The developer said he hopes to start summer of next year and that financing has been completed.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:18 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times
From the Business Journal, an office building will be transformed into a $44 million boutique hotel in the CBD:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...coming-to.html
From the article writer, Tom Demeropolis...
"This project, which sits across the street from a Cincinnati Bell Connector stop, also adds to the hundreds of millions of dollars that is being invested along the streetcar route."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati