Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,212 times

Advertisements

i was shocked to hear how much racism was going on in cincy when i first moved out here from seattle. I heard that in the 80s and 90s the kkk would go downtown on christmas. This would cause alot of blacks and whites not to get along quit well. I was also on yahoo news the other day and a lady put out a sign saying white only. I then saw comments about people saying how backwards cincinnati is.The whole news story happened in cincinnati. Dont forget the riots in 2001 which involves blacks being mad at whites. All this racism is going on in the city is not good at all. I wanted to make a thread about this topic because i wanted to hear other opinons about the racism in cincy. I want to hear what you think about this and how you think we could stop this. Correct me if i am wrong about some of the stuff i put in the thread. Just to give a little opinon about the city itself is that I think cincy is a great place to raise kids.I love cincinnati. The only thing i dont like about cincinnati is just how much racsim is going on.

P.S. About three weeks ago when i was driving to columbus on the 1-71 i see a confederate flag from someone house right where everyone can see it. The flag is about 40 miles from the mason exit and about 50 miles from Columbus, just to give an location in case alot of you were wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 04:09 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
The only racism apparent in cincinnati is the continuous flow of racist hate speech by black persons broadcast on WBDZ, "The Buzz of Cincinnati" a radio station.

I have not seen a confederate flag, heard the "N" word spoken, or even heard a racist joke in 15 years. You, OP, are mistaken.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,212 times
have you ever driven up from cincinnati to columbus

Old 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
have you ever driven up from cincinnati to columbus
Are you talking about Cincinnati? If not, find another place to take your filthy posts.

There is plenty of racism by blacks in Cincinnati. The comfort level of callers to the buzz proves that, other than that, you are just wrong or intentionally misleading.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,788,546 times
I concur overt racism is not a problem in Cincinnati. We have a lot of problems, but racism per se is not one, other than that trying to be incited by outsiders.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,406 times
Yeah, Cincinnati's a mighty terrible place--but since I'm free, white, and over 21, I don't give it much thought anymore. Can't speak about any of our other folks...

Old 01-14-2012, 04:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,527,248 times
Agreed! Racism isn't a problem in Cincinnati. Or anywhere else in America, for that matter. For most Americans, it's a non-issue. It's only an issue for people who want to somehow gain from promoting it.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:37 PM

364 posts, read 715,442 times
I don't really find the residents of Cincinnati to be more or less racist than most other cities in this country, and I'm black btw (not that it is important).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
The only racism apparent in cincinnati is the continuous flow of racist hate speech by black persons broadcast on WBDZ, "The Buzz of Cincinnati" a radio station.

I have not seen a confederate flag, heard the "N" word spoken, or even heard a racist joke in 15 years. You, OP, are mistaken.
Wilson, I'm not sure what kind of bubble you live in if you haven't seen a confederate flag or heard the "N" word in 15 years as you claim. I saw a confederate on the back window of a Chevy Silverado parked in Clifton just this past week.

And it is virtually impossible to not see the confederate flag covering a barn on I-71 NB.

As for the "N" word, I'm assuming you're saying you haven't heard it from a white person in 15 years. I hear it all the time, mostly from the mouths ofblack people. I don't think it is acceptable coming from anyone however.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
I don't really find the residents of Cincinnati to be more or less racist than most other cities in this country, and I'm black btw (not that it is important).

Wilson, I'm not sure what kind of bubble you live in if you haven't seen a confederate flag or heard the "N" word in 15 years as you claim. I saw a confederate on the back window of a Chevy Silverado parked in Clifton just this past week.

And it is virtually impossible to not see the confederate flag covering a barn on I-71 NB.

As for the "N" word, I'm assuming you're saying you haven't heard it from a white person in 15 years. I hear it all the time, mostly from the mouths ofblack people. I don't think it is acceptable coming from anyone however.
I don't know who would consider Clinton County Cincinnati.

Of course, black people use the "N" word, like it was everyone's last name, and I was called a white hon*** motherf***** on Christmas Eve Day because I asked a lady to pick up some food trash she threw down on the sidewalk in front of my building, but I think we ignore all of that, right?

In OTR, if you put a Confederate Flag in your window, the insurance company will be taking care of your car for you.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,279 times
Lightbulb Wilson, Old Friend...Let Me Weigh In Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I don't know who would consider Clinton County Cincinnati.

Of course, black people use the "N" word, like it was everyone's last name, and I was called a white hon*** motherf***** on Christmas Eve Day because I asked a lady to pick up some food trash she threw down on the sidewalk in front of my building, but I think we ignore all of that, right?

In OTR, if you put a Confederate Flag in your window, the insurance company will be taking care of your car for you.
You are spot-on in your assessment of the use of the N-word by my fellow blacks...I can plead guilty to over-use of it myself in some vainglorious attempt to 'fit in'...but as time has gone by, I have come to the realization that I ain't happy hearing it from ANYONE---white black or what-have-you

Same as I would have questioned that (using the term loosely) 'woman' who threw that epithet at you for the simple act of you asking her simple a** to pick up after herself...I am so over all this confederate flag-lib vs con-white vs black-east side vs west side drama...far as I am concerned, we're ALL citizens of Cincinnati and the surrounding areas...

I'm not gonna NOT stop and help someone in need because I saw a GOP-type bumper sticker on their car, or if they are a different race-religion-sexual orientation-political ideology than me...I simply am NOT wired that way, and I'm glad my parents instilled a certain set of values in me from youth...I am very much aware that there is, shall we say, a small vocal extreme element in every facet of society that likes to keep s**t stirred up, and ostensibly keep us eternally at each other's throats

I've learned to use my real-life ignore feature, and go on about my business, because frankly, folks jumping up and down and having a conniption-fit over someone else's beliefs-lifestyle-politics-brand of chili ("Skyline? PHEWWW! Gold Star? ACKKKKK!") mean nothing to someone like me, who's gonna let you yell yourself hoarse then walk by you as if you're invisible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati