Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 PM

37 posts, read 125,778 times

Advertisements

I have a good friend who owns an apartment in Moscow, Russia and wants to sell it. She currently lives in Cincinnati, and needs to speak with someone who is experienced with this kind of thing. Even the most basic questions need to be answered - for example, how will the money be transferred, etc.

She is bi-lingual, so either an English or Russian speaking attorney is fine. The problem is finding someone trustworthy that isn't just out to rip her off for a $100 phone consultation.

Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,701,158 times
Would she not want to have an attorney based locally in Moscow to do this? I think you should look for a Russian expat online community and ask this same question.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,090 times
First off, I agree that you would probably want to find an attorney in Moscow for this situation.

But, if you are looking for one in Cincinnati (and there may not be one that fits your needs with this matter), I'd ask the Cincinnati Bar Association for help to find one that may fit your needs.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:19 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
The guy's name was John Epling. He had an office in Anderson and an office in Moscow. Very interesting guy. That was 1993, however, so who knows where he is today.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:09 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
The guy's name was John Epling. He had an office in Anderson and an office in Moscow. Very interesting guy. That was 1993, however, so who knows where he is today.
Wilson, I'm guessing that his name is STILL "John Epling"...

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Wilson, I'm guessing that his name is STILL "John Epling"...

I didn't look him up, but he was a little older than me and so I was politely hinting that he may no longer be with us.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:48 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I didn't look him up, but he was a little older than me and so I was politely hinting that he may no longer be with us.
Yes, when you hit a certain age, if you have not had recent contact, that is always a possibility. Let's hope he is still around, and even if not engaged in an active practice can advise this OP on how to proceed. Sounds like he should know.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Yes, when you hit a certain age, if you have not had recent contact, that is always a possibility. Let's hope he is still around, and even if not engaged in an active practice can advise this OP on how to proceed. Sounds like he should know.
John Epling, RIP:
2006 obit:

EPLING John A., age 74, of Cincinnati, and formerly of Gallipolis, died Wednesday evening at his residence. Born September 9, 1931 in Gallipolis, he was the son of the late Moses and Hortense Epling. In addition to his parents, he was preceded by his first wife Christine Fraley Epling, by a son, Matthew Epling, and by a brother Miles Epling. John graduated from Gallia Academy High School, Syracuse University, and the Ohio State University Law School. He practiced law in Gallipolis and in Cincinnati. His greatest interest was in the facilitation of joint ventures between American and Russian businesses. He was the first American lawyer admitted to the Russian Bar Association. John also taught construction law at Texas A&M University and facilitated conferences in construction management in Thailand, The Sudan, Jordan, and Indonesia. He was a member of the Church of the Advent Episcopal Church in Cincinnati. He has been a member of the propeller Club, full Gospel Men's Fellowship, The International Bar Association, Rotary International, and the Navy League. He was a United States Air Force Veteran, and attended the Naval Academy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: