U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM

299 posts, read 891,111 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to locate some apartment possibilities in the vicinity of the Cincinnati Museum Center and Union Station.

I believe these would be the West End, Queensgate, and Over-the-Rhine neighborhoods?

Any leads would be appreciated, including general comments about the neighborhoods.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,302,369 times
Union station?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:45 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Union station?
Yes, look up your local history, Union Terminal/Station was one of the premier railroad terminals in the country when it was built. I have no problem with some one referencing it as a station, as terminal/station to me is interchangeable.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:20 PM

First of all there is only one Union Terminal in all of USA and MANY Union Stations, which Union Terminal is not called that.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:23 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Quote:
First of all there is only one Union Terminal in all of USA and MANY Union Stations, which Union Terminal is not called that.
You may want to establish a differential. But as I said, a terminal and a station are interchangeable. Please identify the difference.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM

stasia what kind of price range are you looking at? All the area's you mentioned seemed to be on the low end and crime is a bit higher in those area's as well. There is the new Banks along the riverfront. It's almost 100% filled though. And they are around the $1000 range. I do think they did set aside some low income units as well.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,949,834 times
Quote:
stasia what kind of price range are you looking at? All the area's you mentioned seemed to be on the low end and crime is a bit higher in those area's as well. There is the new Banks along the riverfront. It's almost 100% filled though. And they are around the $1000 range. I do think they did set aside some low income units as well.
It would also help us to know how far you're willing to travel from your home to the Museum Center. And specifically whether it's very important to you to be in a low-crime neighborhood, whether you would be coming and going from home a lot at night, etc.

Sorry for the childish chatter on your thread about the name of the facility. We all knew exactly what you were talking about. But do need more information if we're to be very helpful.

This might be a possibility for you: Cincinnati Ohio Apartments - Home - City West Apartments

Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 AM

I am looking into a job at the Museum Center and was hoping to find an apartment within a 15-minute commute during rush hour - but I may have to be flexible as I've found since posting this thread that the neighborhoods near the Museum Center/Union Station/Terminal are less than ideal.

A short commute time is high on my list - but I'd also like an apartment that is in a lower-crime area and clean, well taken care of. My ceiling is $1000/month for rent, though I can go higher if certain utilities are included.

Thanks for the input.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM

What are the commutes like from the Northside and Mt. Adams/Eden Park areas?

Is the Heights mostly student housing (which I'd like to avoid, unless there's a gem hidden there)?

Mt. Auburn? Walnut Hills?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,022,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia View Post
What are the commutes like from the Northside and Mt. Adams/Eden Park areas?

Is the Heights mostly student housing (which I'd like to avoid, unless there's a gem hidden there)?

Mt. Auburn? Walnut Hills?
Commutes from either the Eden Park area (either the Walnut Hills or the Mt Adams side) would be maybe 10 minutes. An easy drop down into OTR, and then across town to the Museum Center. Likewise from Northside, just coming from the other direction.

If you look at Walnut Hills, streets like Sinton, Fulton, St. James, Alpine, Park are very quiet and safe and enjoy proximity to the Park and will probably be cheaper than what you find on the Mt Adams side of the park.

On this board you will also find advocates for Mt. Auburn/Prospect Hill. In CUF, yes, you will find a lot of student housing in that area...not exclusively, but a lot of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati