Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 AM

29 posts, read 34,134 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

A little about me:

I recently relocated to the Northern KY/Cincinnati area in June of 2011 for a job. I didnt have much time to look for a place and I ended up getting an apartment in Walton, KY (please dont ask me how lol). Now that I have had a little time to see both the Cincinnati side and Northern KY, I plan on moving to the Cincinnati side sometime this summer.

I am looking to buy a townhouse or nice single-family home (prefer the townhouse because of the low maintenance). I am a 25 year old female looking to be in a fairly diverse, nice area. I'm not married nor do I have children so school districts arent that important to me right now. I work in downtown Cincinnati and I would love to be close to work, but I havent been able to find any nice areas near the city. There are a lot of communities being built up near the city but I dont want to buy a nice home in an area where the surrounding homes and areas are a little sketchy.

I'm looking for a fairly modern and up-to-date home with a garage and at least 2 levels of living space. 3 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms

I like Kenwood, Blue Ash, Loveland, Mason, Symmes Township, Sycamore Township<<< these appear to be mostly family-oriented areas in good school districts but I stumbled upon them and like the areas. I also really like Hyde Park and Mt Adams, but all the homes in the area are older and out of my price range. I really dont want to spend more than 140K. Are there any nice areas I'm overlooking that may be closer to the city?

Please help! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chardae08 View Post
Hello Everyone,

A little about me:

I recently relocated to the Northern KY/Cincinnati area in June of 2011 for a job. I didnt have much time to look for a place and I ended up getting an apartment in Walton, KY (please dont ask me how lol). Now that I have had a little time to see both the Cincinnati side and Northern KY, I plan on moving to the Cincinnati side sometime this summer.

I am looking to buy a townhouse or nice single-family home (prefer the townhouse because of the low maintenance). I am a 25 year old female looking to be in a fairly diverse, nice area. I'm not married nor do I have children so school districts arent that important to me right now. I work in downtown Cincinnati and I would love to be close to work, but I havent been able to find any nice areas near the city. There are a lot of communities being built up near the city but I dont want to buy a nice home in an area where the surrounding homes and areas are a little sketchy.

I'm looking for a fairly modern and up-to-date home with a garage and at least 2 levels of living space. 3 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms

I like Kenwood, Blue Ash, Loveland, Mason, Symmes Township, Sycamore Township<<< these appear to be mostly family-oriented areas in good school districts but I stumbled upon them and like the areas. I also really like Hyde Park and Mt Adams, but all the homes in the area are older and out of my price range. I really dont want to spend more than 140K. Are there any nice areas I'm overlooking that may be closer to the city?

Please help! Thanks!
Recently, one of our forum regulars found a place in Chestnut Station on Ashworth Drive which was in your price range. I wouldn't rule out HP.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:20 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chardae08 View Post

A smaller home in Anderson Township would probably fit the bill.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:57 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,036 times
I strongly recommend you look at Oakley for a young single person who's likely interested in being around like minded people (although Oakley has it's fair share of young families). It borders Hyde Park and is very close to 71 and downtown. A co-worker and his wife live there (29 yrs old) and they love it. Look for a place within 4-5 blocks of Oakley Square which is filled with fun bars and restaurants. I think you might like it.

The last place you want to go is Loveland, Mason, West Chester, etc. There's nothing but young families there (including boring old me). Life revolves around people's kids up here.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:00 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,036 times
Here's what I'm talking about: nice 2 bedroom house which appears renovated in a nice neighborhood for $142,000.

3568 Madison Park Ave Oakley OH Listing Details: Sibcy Cline Realtors® Cincinnati Real Estate

Old 02-25-2012, 06:21 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,346 times
I would also recommend Oakley. It's a great neighborhood.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:11 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
you can't buy a newish 3/2 townhome with garage in a desirable city neighborhood for 140k. you would need at least twice that. if you want to spend 140k, you can get a newish townhome in a rougher neighborhood, a newish townhome in the far-out suburbs, or an older 2br no garage home in a stable or up-and-coming city neighborhood.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 11,825 times
Oakley and Hyde Park are great areas for young singles. Close to the city, very walkable and safe. I lived there for a few years in my twenties and loved it. Not sure you can find much that is affordable there now. Oakley would be more likely. Also check out Mt. Lookout, Mt. adams and parts of Newport Kentucky. Those are the fun young areas with lots of bars, restaurants and shopping.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 11,825 times
I should note that it might be hard to find homes under $140 in those areas. oakley might be your best bet, but it will likely be a fixer.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:21 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
You can easily find a foreclosed home all any area you look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati