Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times

Advertisements

OK, let's get back to the topic. Again, if the Banks is as successful as many say, there is absolutely no reason to give a grant to a restaurant to locate there. If they have a viable concept and business plan a bank should be more than willing to give them a loan to open an establishment in such a bustling area. Other than that there is a good-ole-boys play going on somewhere.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:03 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
OK, let's get back to the topic. Again, if the Banks is as successful as many say, there is absolutely no reason to give a grant to a restaurant to locate there. If they have a viable concept and business plan a bank should be more than willing to give them a loan to open an establishment in such a bustling area. Other than that there is a good-ole-boys play going on somewhere.
Ya, but a bank probably won't touch her with her tax bill problems.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:09 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Ya, but a bank probably won't touch her with her tax bill problems.
If that is true, then neither should the city. As I said something Smells Rotten in Denmark.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
If that is true, then neither should the city. As I said something Smells Rotten in Denmark.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
Unfortunately Ms. Olberding seems to have answered the question with her comments about diversity and risk. In other words, it's an African-American owned business, it needs to be located in the Banks FOR THAT REASON ALONE, and the city simply doesn't care that it's an acknowledged risky investment. I personally think this kind of thinking and reasoning doesn't really benefit anyone, even the business owners. Let's see what our new, improved council thinks.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
The Mahogany's deal is beginning to smell a little worse every time Dohoney or Olberding opens their mouths. Its one of those things that make you go . . . huh? Why would they do that? doesn't make any sense.

This is going to be a big problem for the City and it won't just be political. I see a corruption issue here and I won't be the least bit surprised if they run from this deal at the first opportunity now that the cats out of the bag.

It will have been a great idea that just did not work out. A bit embarrassing, but at least it won't have involved someone in handcuffs.

Even money it is a dead deal.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM

I hope so. And I would love to see more Mom and Pop / Minority (Women, Black, Hispanic, etc.) restaraunts opening at the banks.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 PM

800 posts, read 950,505 times
I'm suspicious that this was a set-up to embarrass the owners of this restaurant. It's easy to imagine a scenario where someone looking to get back at them had someone at city hall offer them a deal, then caused this media explosion.

As corrupt as people think politics are in this city, the corruption of the media is intrinsically linked. There hasn't been a pure piece of investigative journalism in this town since the Enquirer's devastating Chiquita story back in 98 or 99, and Uncle Carl brought out the big stick, forcing the Enquirer to shut up on anything Lindner-related.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I hope so. And I would love to see more Mom and Pop / Minority (Women, Black, Hispanic, etc.) restaraunts opening at the banks.
I couldn't have said it better.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
I'm suspicious that this was a set-up to embarrass the owners of this restaurant. It's easy to imagine a scenario where someone looking to get back at them had someone at city hall offer them a deal, then caused this media explosion.

As corrupt as people think politics are in this city, the corruption of the media is intrinsically linked. There hasn't been a pure piece of investigative journalism in this town since the Enquirer's devastating Chiquita story back in 98 or 99, and Uncle Carl brought out the big stick, forcing the Enquirer to shut up on anything Lindner-related.
If it's a set-up for the restaurant owners, as bad as they look it seems much worse for Dohoney, who usually keeps a lot lower profile in stuff like this. Wonder if HE's the one being set up.

BTW, I believe the "someone" at City Hall who recommended the huge grant and loans was City Council's Finance Committee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati