Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 8,954 times

Advertisements

We love the area of Blue Ash and it's amenities. Also like the fact it has access to great Sycamore School District. It also seems to be located ahead of key major traffic zones and centrally located. Seems I can get anywhere in 20 minutes or so. I think i can get downtown in 20 also. We also seem to be getting hooked on their nice Blue Ash rec center and nice family/community aspect of that. Any other similar type areas that you would recommend that blends those aspects above?

Madeira, mariemont, Anderson, Montgomery, symmes, amberly, new town....any reco's on these areas? Any areas missing? Pros / cons of each area.

Access to great health club/ workout facilities are important, as well as great access to kids activites with really friendly neighborhoods. School district similar to sycamore is important. Kids are 3 and 1. House range is $500ish, but willing to go up to $700ish for the right combination of the above aspects.

Lived before in Loveland 5-6 years ago and liked the burbs, but felt a bit far away and spent a lot of time in Montgomery, Kenwood, and Deerfield. Frankly, like the shopping, homes, and lifetime fitness in Deerfield, but not interested in that traffic zone everyday.

Thanks to all for guidance, perspective, and wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Blue Ash is a very nice location and you have identified most of its pluses.

I remember years ago when I lived in Madeira and we had relatives in Loveland. For some reason the trek out Loveland Madeira road between the two just seemed like it took forever. Loveland just felt like the sticks and still does to me. I can understand why you spent so much time in Montgomery, Kenwood, and Deerfield.

In Blue Ash you have the option of going to the Kenwood Towne Center area or jumping on I-71 and going north to Deerfield. Between the two you should find about anything you want.

The Blue Ash Rec Center is a definite plus. The Blue Ash YMCA is another attractive facility.

The Lifetime Fitness in Deerfield is also a nice facility but a tad on the expensive side. My brother and SIL just decided to leave there and join our Mason Community Center which is completing a major expansion. But there is no way I am going to try and convince you to move to Mason, as you are familiar with the traffic problems which exist here. For us retirees living here who rarely have to leave the city it is just fine. For those having to commute for a job regularly it can be a nightmare.

Blue Ash sounds like the place for you. You are familiar with the surrounding areas and I believe already know much of why they are not as good a fit. The Rec Center and such facilities are just fabulous for a growing family, and the school district is top notch. Locate your house and settle in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati