U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM

19 posts, read 43,931 times
Default moving to cincy

hey everyone. i am a single female medical student starting residency in a few months and am considering cincy. they have a good program, but i have some questions regarding the living situation in the city. anyone have any info on the apartments/condos at stetson square (right across from the hospital)? they look nice & have a prime location. my budget is about $1000/month rent or about 150-175k to buy, and being a female, safety is my prime concern. any thoughts or recommendations are welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-23-2007, 06:17 AM

2,294 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Here's a link from rent.com

The Village at Stetson Square in Cincinnati, OH

its got prices. Seems like its kind of pricey, but if you're okay with a studio or loft, you might be all right.

Otherwise you may be able to find some other lovely apartments in the area that are a little older, and a little cheaper.

Good luck!

by the way - if the link doesn't work, I just googled "stetson square cincinnati apartments"

Unread 09-27-2007, 09:54 AM

156 posts, read 405,069 times
If safety is your primary concern, don't take this the wrong way, but I would not live in Clifton. Its not terrible if you know where to stay away from, but still there are much nicer and safer places in town than that.

Check out Mt. Lookout / Hyde Park. Beautiful, clean place... demographic is a mixture of white collar families and affluent 20 something young people. Also check out Newport on the Levee. I know it's a pain to commute to campus, but its a really short drive or bus ride and I honestly believe it will improve the quality of your life greatly. You can get a SWEET place in Mt. Lookout near the square for 500-600 bucks a month and spend the balance of your budget on a car payment. That way you have a way around town too to see other great parts of what the city has to offer!!!

Unread 09-27-2007, 04:17 PM

this might be a stupid question, but is clifton the area around the hospital/medical school?

Unread 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM

2,181 posts, read 3,508,405 times
Yes, that is Clifton.

Unread 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM

And Clifton isn't as bad as some places. In fact, the gaslight district is really neat.

Here is the website for Stetson Square: Welcome to the Village at Stetson Square

Also, on your budget, Hyde Park would be the ideal place for you. Great neighborhood! Hip. Great shops and parks. Young vibe to the community, but also a great place to raise a family.

You could also consider Mt. Adams. You'd probably love it up there as well!

Best of luck. You'll like Cincinnati if you consider it as your new home!

Unread 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM

i have been trying to find local real estate websites, but without much luck. anyone have any ideas? the usuals, i.e. realtor.com or apartments.com are ok, but i have found that they miss a lot of nice places. cincinnati is near the top of my list, as i have enjoyed the few times that i have been there. will definately have to look at mt. adams and hyde park. i was just curious about stetson square b/c it's across from the hospital.

Unread 09-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Comey and Shepherd

Sibcy Cline

Here's a Google search list that gives links to various real estate agencies in the area.

Something else you might want to do.....head over to this site: Urbanohio.com ....and sign up for the forums. The people over there would maybe be able to help you a lot, too.

Unread 09-28-2007, 12:14 PM

thanks wcrob. those sites are a HUGE help.

Unread 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM

156 posts, read 405,069 times
I also like just using the Real Estate Function on Yahoo!

It screens through a lot of different realators for you with one engine... its my favorite one.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati