Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,163 times

Advertisements

What you might also do is find the Kroger (groceries) website and locate where the stores are. There's usually some shopping around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
OP - It is just not a South Bend neighborhood. I would look at one of the larger, newer apartment complexes on the KY side of the rver, either east or west. Find something with a workout room and a pool. There is no reason to cross the river as that just increases the commute. You should be able to find a resonably short commute to work. The idylic safe plus walkable neighborhood is likely just not there due to the hills and the fragmented geography. But there are many places you can drive 10 minutes or so, park the car, then bicycle around a given neighborhood, pick up some things then put them in the car to return home.

There are many places for you to explore in both NKY and the Ohio side of the river. They all require you to drive a little ways, but then you can park the car and explore. A few of them you can park the car then take enough gear with you for an overnight campout. See how much daring you have.

Check back in as you explore and try to find someplace to live. We always like to hear back on what transplants decide on their first venture into our fair city. If we started you out at the Cincinnati Zoo it would not be more confusing.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM

7 posts, read 8,904 times
Update!

I found a great apartment in Ft Mitchell and I'm definitely getting in better shape with these hills!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneythecheg View Post
Update!

I found a great apartment in Ft Mitchell and I'm definitely getting in better shape with these hills!
I am certainly glad you found a location you like. I knew there had to be some out there. Come back again and tell us what else you are discovering.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:19 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
I'm definitely getting in better shape with these hills!
Dig that! My neighborhood is very hilly. My son suckers me into pushing him (when he is riding his bike) up hills in our hood. Strange how he isn't the one out of breath cause he has me doing most of the work.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:04 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Update!

Good news! Fort Mitchell is very underrated, IMO. Enjoy.

Thanks for dropping in again.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Good news! Fort Mitchell is very underrated, IMO. Enjoy.

Thanks for dropping in again.
It is always good to have someone drop back in with their experiences in moving to Cincinnati, particularly if they are positive. I could care less whether it is a location in NKY as I consider a large part of NKY just a part of Greater Cincinnti. We welcome all newcomers to the area, whether they are living in the City of Cincinnati itself or one of our very fine suburbs, including those in NKY. Hope your experiencs here are fruitful, and whether you stay here 6 months or 10 years or forever you will be proud to say you lived in Cincinnati.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:00 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,053 times
Ft. Mitchell has some nice restaurants too. If you haven't yet been to them make sure to check out Indigo, Greyhound Tavern (especially for the Sunday brunch) and Oriental Wok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati