Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:04 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times

Advertisements

^ Sounds like you're gonna postpone your Florida celebration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 12:21 AM

329 posts, read 700,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ Sounds like you're gonna postpone your Florida celebration?
Lmao...

I am thinking of building a house in some place called Four Corners on a private driveway, but am just starting to piece together the money!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM

7 posts, read 9,848 times
I've lived in the neighborhood near Greenway since 1999 (Lakewood Dr). I've raised/am raising 3 kids there, and have never had a worry about safety, even as a single father who can't be there at all times. Some car break-ins here and there, but nothing major. I think you would like the area. Plenty of parks nearby if that interests you, and the commute to work is not horrible. I've found that everything I want or need is easily accessible from this area. It's a nice little pocket, until you go a few miles south on Glenway.

Happy searching!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:04 AM

30 posts, read 57,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH513 View Post
I've lived in the neighborhood near Greenway since 1999 (Lakewood Dr). I've raised/am raising 3 kids there, and have never had a worry about safety, even as a single father who can't be there at all times. Some car break-ins here and there, but nothing major. I think you would like the area. Plenty of parks nearby if that interests you, and the commute to work is not horrible. I've found that everything I want or need is easily accessible from this area. It's a nice little pocket, until you go a few miles south on Glenway.

Happy searching!
Thanks for that info SHS! We actually put an offer down on the house last night so we will see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help, I have greatly appreciated it.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:53 PM

329 posts, read 700,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCondit2002 View Post
Thanks for that info SHS! We actually put an offer down on the house last night so we will see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help, I have greatly appreciated it.
No problem, don't be ashamed to ask for help when you need it from us Westsiders, even if they are stupid questions.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 AM

5 posts, read 7,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCondit2002 View Post
If we could afford to purchase in Mason, West Chester, Blue Ash, Montgomery
Not to take this thread in another direction but I am moving from the westside out towards monroe and built a house for 132k so you could afford it.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natisfynest View Post
Not to take this thread in another direction but I am moving from the westside out towards monroe and built a house for 132k so you could afford it.
Not sure where you are employed, but a daily commute from Monroe to the UC & Childrens Hospital area is not a particularly attractive setup. What did you find so attractive about Monroe compared to the westside? Personally I find it to be kind of a cut-up mess. If they have a master plan it is not much in evidence.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 AM

5 posts, read 7,209 times
I work right off the hopple street exit. I am actually building in Trenton not exactly in monroe. The drive doesnt bother me I can make it home in about 45 mins and coming into work is shorter. What really did it for me was the value,the schools and being closer to my wifes family.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natisfynest View Post
I work right off the hopple street exit. I am actually building in Trenton not exactly in monroe. The drive doesnt bother me I can make it home in about 45 mins and coming into work is shorter. What really did it for me was the value,the schools and being closer to my wifes family.
Those are all good reasons. Have a good time with your move.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 AM

30 posts, read 57,363 times
Monroe would just be too far of a commute for us to make on a daily basis. Especially when there are days where I don't get off of work until 9-10 pm only to have to turn around and be back in by 7:30 or 8 am. We actually did indeed sign a contract on this house and have the home inspection tomorrow. If all goes well, we will close on July 31st. My wife and I are both very excited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati