Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,226,699 times

Advertisements

Just for $h!t$ and giggles:

Hyde Park: Notice all the burglaries and thefts.

Hyde Park, Cincinnati, OH Neighborhood Crime Map, Statistics, Alerts and Reports

CUF - Zoom into the area you are calling dangerous. Note the conspicuous absence of incidents.

Cuf, Cincinnati, OH Neighborhood Crime Map, Statistics, Alerts and Reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM

46 posts, read 55,116 times
@TomJones123 I tried to rep your last comment!

Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieInCincy View Post
@TomJones123 I tried to rep your last comment!
Thanks!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,783,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Thanks!
The fact is the OP should be able to find something close to UC which is very safe and convenient. They may have heard all sorts of nasty things about Cincinnati. It is our job to assure them this is not the City as a whole. I am sure they are serious about the surroundings they may be moving into. I know I would be. Give these people the benefit of everything you know about the immediate neighborhoods they are considering. They are reaching out, concerned, and need to be treated in kind.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglore View Post
Thank you guys for the feedback but please check this link as it s said that Clifton near Ludlow is high in crime rate .... I hope not though
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Zoom in on Clifton. It's not a high crime area.
Clifton, Cincinnati, OH Neighborhood Crime Map, Statistics, Alerts and Reports

Now. Take a look at Lower Price Hill. It is a high crime area. That concentration of problems is where everyone lives.
Lower Price Hill, Cincinnati, OH Neighborhood Crime Map, Statistics, Alerts and Reports

Quote:
Besides which is more safe and decent east or west or north Cincy ?
Cincinnati doesn't really have dividing lines based on the cardinal points for good and bad areas. You can go north to some really nice suburban areas, outside of the 275 loop, such as Mason or Westchester. Or you can go north into places like North College Hill which is a rough area. East is typically nicer (and perhaps a little snootier) than the Westside. But the west side has it's nice areas as well.

If you want to be near UC then give Gaslight Clifton a serious look. I am not even recommending where I live, in CUF for several reason. Mainly because this is a fast paced neighborhood with a lot of foot traffic from OTR, Corryville, etc. We have a lot of college students and it can be rowdy at times. Personally, I love the diversity. I have college kids right next door, several families on both sides of me. We have several doctors living on Klotter. One of them is a brain surgeon. CUF is a very diverse, energetic area. Gaslight is much quieter with more of a grad student flavor that gravitates to the somewhat limited supply of student housing in the area. Ludlow has many cool restaurants and bars. One of my personal watering holes in the area is Arlin's.

Hopefully, you can visit the area and see that it's worth consideration.

Last edited by Yac; 09-04-2012 at 05:40 AM..

Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
The fact is the OP should be able to find something close to UC which is very safe and convenient. They may have heard all sorts of nasty things about Cincinnati. It is our job to assure them this is not the City as a whole. I am sure they are serious about the surroundings they may be moving into. I know I would be. Give these people the benefit of everything you know about the immediate neighborhoods they are considering. They are reaching out, concerned, and need to be treated in kind.
Ya, we got sidetracked talking about Fairview in CUF. Clifton Gaslight was the main topic. That and areas where there is less crime than Gaslight. For that you need to head out to the burbs and deal with the commute. Personally, if Gaslight seem intimidating then I would recommend living where the OP is comfortable and perhaps that is outside the 275 loop. There are a lot of really nice suburbs to be had around here.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,783,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Ya, we got sidetracked talking about Fairview in CUF. Clifton Gaslight was the main topic. That and areas where there is less crime than Gaslight. For that you need to head out to the burbs and deal with the commute. Personally, if Gaslight seem intimidating then I would recommend living where the OP is comfortable and perhaps that is outside the 275 loop. There are a lot of really nice suburbs to be had around here.
Hey, for once we agree on something. For those who desire and can tolerate an urban lifestyle, there are many locations around UC I would believe are just fine. For those who say I don't want any crime then head for the suburbs.

But be forewarned, crime exists everywhere. I have lived in my house for 37 years and have not experienced one criminal activity. But just 3 doors from me, on a cul-de-sac, a house was robbed last winter. Another neighbor was aware the owners were on an extended vacation, noticed the activity and called the police. About the time the perps were wanting to leave the neighborhood they were suddenly boxed in with about 10 squad cars.

My point is crime of opportunity exists everywhere. Some areas are on the average less susceptible, but still not immune.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Hey, for once we agree on something.
We agree on a lot. I think we are both feisty and like to mix it up. Nothing wrong with that because we keep it civil and don't get personal. And on a personal note, I enjoy your perspective.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM

71 posts, read 69,488 times
Thanks for everyone for the replies but unfortunately it didn t help till now . You guys are saying that even places like Hyde park , oakley and Mt.lookout and the such are having high crime rates ! Where does that leave me ? where exactly shall i rent an apartment and go work knowing that my wife is safe ? or shall i go for complexes like thehttp://www.liveatthepreserve.com/ or Fairways at Royal Oak Apartments ? is there any complexes nearby the hospital at Gaslight clifton ? is it netter to stay there or what ? please reply asap as i am planning to come in 2 months .

Old 09-03-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
You guys are saying that even places like Hyde park , oakley and Mt.lookout and the such are having high crime rates !
Nobody is saying that at all.

Westchester + North Cincinnati Luxury Apartments | Preserve at Beckett Ridge | Westchester, OH

^^ This. I think you would be happy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati