Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times

Advertisements

And if you can handle a roommate, you could partner-up with a fellow resident/fellowship and get a really nice 2 bdrm in Hyde Park or Mt Adams. A lot of them live there.....but you could really have a much better 2 bdrm than a 1 bdrm if you could pool rent money. Plus, the comraderie would be so much better than living alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 02:27 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglore View Post
Blue Ash is 10 mins from UC medical school . Is that right or it is considered far like West chester ?
It is not as far as West Chester, but if you are going to get there in 10 minutes be prepared for a lot of speedng tickets. I would say 20 minutes is more realistic. It is probably 5-8 minutes from wherever you live in Blue Ash to I-71, a good 10-12 minutes down I-71 to the side streets to UC and another 5-8 minutes through their traffic. Not a bad drive except for a wreck or bad weather. But if you are really concerned about a safe neighborhood, Blue Ash is a one of the best you can get around here. One of the reasons it comes to my mind is I have seen advertisements for apartment complexes very close to their downtown. If you will be a single car family with you taking it off to UC, I am aware the center downtown of Blue Ash is safe and walkable. There is a recently completely renovated recreation center which is very nice. Kenwood Towne Center, the largest shopping center in Cincinnati is also close by and easily accessed by bus. I am thinking here primarily of your wife.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:18 AM

71 posts, read 69,574 times
Mt look out , hyde park , Mt adams or gaslight clifton as far as safety ?

I 've been looking around and searching . its getting boring cz it doesn't sound like any area is considered safe except for far areas like u said Blue ash so my best bet is to find a complex or an apartment in a building so can you help me please narrow my searching ?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM

Elmwood place ? heard it s also safe !

Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglore View Post
Mt look out , hyde park , Mt adams or gaslight clifton as far as safety ?

I 've been looking around and searching . its getting boring cz it doesn't sound like any area is considered safe except for far areas like u said Blue ash so my best bet is to find a complex or an apartment in a building so can you help me please narrow my searching ?
You are becoming obsessed with someone's statement Cincinnati is an unsafe city. That is totally untrue. Overall Cincinnati is a very safe city with some rough neighborhoods. Name another city in the US which doesn't have the same problems?

You also express concern about your wife feeling like she is imprisoned with no where to go. Hyde Park is a very safe area and convenient to your job location near UC, being a doctor we have to assume one of the hospitals. You wife can walk her legs off in Hyde Park with no fear of being assulted.

I suggested Blue Ash because it is even more so. She can probably walk from Blue Ash to Kenwood Towne Center and back without fear of abduction.

Whatever sites you have been reading giving you paranoid concerning the safety of Cincinnati, it is simply not true.

Help TomJones, leap in here and help me assure this overly protective individual he is not moving to the armpit of the USA.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
If you've lived and survived in Chicago, places like Mt. Lookout, Hyde Park, and Mt. Adams will look like playland at McDonalds. These locales are filled with doctors and lawyers in $500K-$1 million dollar homes, but since they are fairly close to the city, there are instances, although rare, of random acts of violence. However, I'm sensing from your posts that you're very, very, safety oriented....bordering on paranoid. That being the case, I'd suggest Charleston at Blue Ash apartments. I lived there 8 years ago so maybe they've changed, but they are very coveniently located next to Ronald Reagan Highway and I-71.....they're safe, and close to downtown Montgomery and the Blue Ash Amphitheater.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
If you've lived and survived in Chicago, places like Mt. Lookout, Hyde Park, and Mt. Adams will look like playland at McDonalds. These locales are filled with doctors and lawyers in $500K-$1 million dollar homes, but since they are fairly close to the city, there are instances, although rare, of random acts of violence. However, I'm sensing from your posts that you're very, very, safety oriented....bordering on paranoid. That being the case, I'd suggest Charleston at Blue Ash apartments. I lived there 8 years ago so maybe they've changed, but they are very coveniently located next to Ronald Reagan Highway and I-71.....they're safe, and close to downtown Montgomery and the Blue Ash Amphitheater.
A great suggestion. I was aware there were apartment complexes in Blue Ash convenient to downtown but not familiar enough with the area to name them. It is still my best suggestion for someone very safety oriented with a wife who will need to get around on foot or feel imprisoned.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:11 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
I find it hard to believe someone is that scared to move to nice areas in Cincinnati. My spidey senses are tingling with the urge to call BS on this entire thread.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I find it hard to believe someone is that scared to move to nice areas in Cincinnati. My spidey senses are tingling with the urge to call BS on this entire thread.
I am afraid I have to agree with you. How could someone who claims to be a doctor be that ignorant when it comes to living conditions. Something is just not right.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:44 AM

u deleted my post !! the reply i have sent !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati