Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:41 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times

Advertisements

Ok, just got home from a excursion to Price Hill. I took the family to Price Hill Chili and had a five was and one of my son's two cheese coneys. I have a new love. Camp Washington is still my favorite spot for doing a drunken smash on a five way.

Price Hill Chili uses lot's of onions and lots of huge beans in their five way. Over all quality of their ingredients was what won the day. Plus I had no idea the joint takes up the whole block. Next, I need to make a trip out Brill's neck of the woods and hit Blue Ash Chili. That day will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Ok, just got home from a excursion to Price Hill. I took the family to Price Hill Chili and had a five was and one of my son's two cheese coneys. I have a new love. Camp Washington is still my favorite spot for doing a drunken smash on a five way.

Price Hill Chili uses lot's of onions and lots of huge beans in their five way. Over all quality of their ingredients was what won the day. Plus I had no idea the joint takes up the whole block. Next, I need to make a trip out Brill's neck of the woods and hit Blue Ash Chili. That day will come.
When you do go to the original location in Blue Ash. Not that the Mason store is not nice, but if you want the true atmosphere it is the Blue Ash original store which stacks up with the likes of Price Hill, Mt Washington, and Pleasant Ridge chili.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
When you do go to the original location in Blue Ash. Not that the Mason store is not nice, but if you want the true atmosphere it is the Blue Ash original store which stacks up with the likes of Price Hill, Mt Washington, and Pleasant Ridge chili.
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:21 AM

221 posts, read 336,321 times
Never been to the Price Hill Chili. I'll have to try it the next time I'm in Cincinnati.

Got a good laugh last night. I was watching the Bearcats take-apart Pitt last night on ESPN. ESPN did a brief local interest shot of the Clifton Skyline, one of my favorites. They showed what appeared to be a local student gorging on a huge plate of Skyline. It looked like he had eaten for a week, with the way he was shoveling it in for the camera.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGl View Post
Never been to the Price Hill Chili. I'll have to try it the next time I'm in Cincinnati.

Got a good laugh last night. I was watching the Bearcats take-apart Pitt last night on ESPN. ESPN did a brief local interest shot of the Clifton Skyline, one of my favorites. They showed what appeared to be a local student gorging on a huge plate of Skyline. It looked like he had eaten for a week, with the way he was shoveling it in for the camera.
It is great when they show a local interest story. The kind of thing I like when the national media comes to Cincy. Just throw us a few crumbs, we are appreciative.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:48 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Ok, just got home from a excursion to Price Hill.
Yay! Told ya it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
It is great when they show a local interest story. The kind of thing I like when the national media comes to Cincy.
It's always the chili, but I guess it could be worse ...

Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's always the chili, but I guess it could be worse ...
A few years ago it was OTR and how dangerous it was. So I would call the chili a big improvement.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yay! Told ya it was good. .
Ya, thanks for prodding me in that direction. It was VERY good.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Ya, thanks for prodding me in that direction. It was VERY good.
It's like my friends in Price Hill and Westwood say: The west side is the best side.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,669 times
Chili Time in St. Bernard is pretty close to you too TomJones. Have you tried that yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati