Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:01 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,780 times

Advertisements

Considering moving to Blue Ash. Would be working right near Blue Ash Airport right by Anderson Way Rd. Looking for homes under $300k in good safe subdivision with homes that are less than 5 years old. What's the closest subdivision to that location that meets this criteria? How long of a commute am I looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 02:24 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
Blue Ash Airport? The closed that 3 weeks ago.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 AM

It would be near that area in Blue Ash, not at the actual airport.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Blue Ash Airport? The closed that 3 weeks ago.
Closing the airport has nothing to do with working on Anderson Way Rd which is off Reed Hartman. It is my understanding Blue Ash will turn the airport into a park. Should make a nice one.

You are not likely to find 5 years or newer in or close to Blue Ash. But there is some nice property in Blue Ash which would be very convenient to work. My first choice as I hate commutes. For 5 years or newer I advise going north into Deerfield Twp and Mason in Warren Co. Even there it will be only spotty subdivisions which are 5 years or newer. Commute time 20-30 minutes, much of which will be spent on Reed Hartman.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
If I worked in Blue Ash I would definitely be looking for a home there. Other than some traffic issues it has everything going for it including the amenities that come with a big commercial tax base. You can find a house in your price range, but not one of the age you specified.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Closing the airport has nothing to do with working on Anderson Way Rd which is off Reed Hartman. It is my understanding Blue Ash will turn the airport into a park. Should make a nice one.

You are not likely to find 5 years or newer in or close to Blue Ash. But there is some nice property in Blue Ash which would be very convenient to work. My first choice as I hate commutes. For 5 years or newer I advise going north into Deerfield Twp and Mason in Warren Co. Even there it will be only spotty subdivisions which are 5 years or newer. Commute time 20-30 minutes, much of which will be spent on Reed Hartman.
Thanks for the quick reply. Is the traffic Reed Hartman in-between Cooper Rd and Glendale Millford bad? Plainfield rd bad? Any subdivisions that you specifically recommend in Deerfield or Mason? What are the best subdivisions in Blue Ash in my price range? What's the price per sq ft in Blue Ash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
If I worked in Blue Ash I would definitely be looking for a home there. Other than some traffic issues it has everything going for it including the amenities that come with a big commercial tax base. You can find a house in your price range, but not one of the age you specified.
How old are the homes in Blue Ash in that price range? I went around the area and there were some newer style homes on a road called whisper way off creek rd. How is the area northwest and northeast of where Glendale Millford Rd intersects plainfield rd? The homes on fox hollow dr are how old? What about the ones around Blue Ash golf course?

Also visited the mall on Montgomery Road yesterday. For a Saturday, it seemed like it was as busy as a typical black Friday. Seemed very congested compared to other big Ohio malls like Polaris Park Way and Easton. Is it always like that? Took 15 minutes just to get out of the parking lot.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:02 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,751 times
Yep ... Kenwood is always packed ... just so much GOOD packed in there.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
Yep ... Kenwood is always packed ... just so much GOOD packed in there.
Kenwood is always packed. There are a number of areas in Blue Ash which have fine homes. Can't remember just how old they are now. But living in Blue Ash is a fine consideration, close to work and a city with many amenties due to their commercial tax base. I don't recommend the property immediately around the golf course as it was cheaply built. Just drive through the neighborhood and it should be evident. But some other areas are first class. Drive around and see for yourself.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM

I suggest doing what you are doing, driving around and looking at property. But I also suggest going a step further, stopping and looking at property for sale. If the exterior looks OK make an appointment to see the interior. What class of materials were used? Kitchens and bathrooms are usually the first clue. Is it attractive or worn out? I will stand by my statement the property around the golf course was cheaply built. Just a drive through it will confirm my opinion looking at the exteriors. Failing and rotting siding, concrete cracked due to no reinforcement, etc. But there is good property in Blue Ash. I agree with Sarah, exhaust what is available in Blue Ash completely before looking elsewhere. Blue Ash has a strong commercial tax base and therefore great city amenities. And a fall off the wall commute is nothing but desirable.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Just some advice on another place to stay away from, Beckett Ridge to the west. As the name implies it was built on top of a ridge running through the Millcreek Valley. Like many developments it started out with Beckett Ridge Country Club surrounded by houses. For some reason those developers feel the golf course view is a license to steal. There are some very nice homes there, but there also are a lot of extremely cheaply built crappy structures which are falling apart, especially the condo sections. The country club long ago gave way to a public golf course. How they keep it going is amazing to me. There must be some money from original HOAs which are still finding their way to the golf course. My pals and I keep speculating on when we will see the announcement the golf course is closed. Then what? All depends on what is written into the deeds and land covenants.

Years ago there was another golf course development in West Chester called Lakota Hills. It also started out private with houses surrounding it. But it was unique in that the golf course developer also was the housing developer, so effectively he had the entire shooting match. I had a passing acquaintance with the operation in that my cousin married the daughter of the developer. Over a period of years the developer did quite well. The golf course was so-so but drew some play. The housing development did very well. Early on the golf course went from private to public. I remember playing it a lot. With time the golf course income decreased. The developer told all of the homeowners surrounding the course that if they created an association he would sell the course to them. He gave them a deadline and they sneezed. The next day bulldozers were going down the centers of all of the fairways as he plowed the entire course up for housing. He was smart enough there was nothing in any of the deeds guaranteeing the golf course would remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati