U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,228,327 times

Advertisements

I've been a freelancer for about 20 years and I have had the opportunity to meet many arrogant, self centered, complete d*cks who posture as the pillars of the community. You find them as company owners, managers, even in one instance the president of a local chamber of commerce in the general tri-state region.

I am up in Warren and haven't looked at new houses for years so I have no skin in the game with respect Erpenbeck.

I did read the accounts of the kind of person he was with great interest. He was not only a con artist but he was just a first class nasty flaming crude arrogant a-ho.

Example, I read stories about how he would be on a business retreat at some resort with his office cronies and he would absolutely go out of his way to make all other paying guests in the vicinity miserable by just being a loud, drunken, rude j*rkoff. I mean, my god, just shoot this guy in the face and raise the average character of the human race.

Erpenbeck sounded exactly like many lower-profile con artists that I have worked around or for, for years. I almost felt from news accounts like I'd met him. His misdeeds and general cocky arrogance sounded like a composite of several creeps I have done business with in the past.

From all accounts, someone like this guy deserves to get a shiv in the back in prison, but he will probably slime out of it as usual.

Answer to KJbrill's initial query - people like this clown pull standards down across society and make society overall less trustful and reduce the presumed integrity of all financial transactions. In short they have a massive "ripple" effect by injecting risk into society precisely where it should not be - boring, non-speculative deeds of trust for suburban homes, for God's sake.

I put this guy in a similar category to Jerry Sandusky, frankly. Major violator of trust and destroyer of lives.

I hope he forgets and bends over to pick up the soap in the prison shower.

Last edited by Ohioan58; 10-16-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,404,914 times
Ohioan58...

I am not quoting your entire port as it is rather lengthy. But I like your fire from the hip style. Erpenbeck did not get as much as he deserved. He devestated a number of ordinary families by diverting their down-payments into his private accounts instead of accrediting them. By the time he was exposed things had been so intertwined and he had spent so much on his binges it was difficult to locate or recover much of the money. People found out there was no record of their ever paying anything on their property. By the time all of the contractors, suppliers, etc. had their shot at what was left, many people found themselves liable for the full value of their property which they now could not secure a loan on and lost it.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM

1,086 posts, read 2,228,327 times
That was the story that I gathered from news accounts. I don't know anyone personally who was affected, but reading about it at the time angered me, that the guy was just so happy with himself as he ruined lives. Erpenbeck is local financial industry version of Jerry Sandusky - a blatant violator of the public trust, deserving of the worst punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati