U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,455,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I wasn't aware there was a minimum age for purchasing property ... ?
I believe the inference was relative to older property. It is my opinion many younger people, not all, just have an adversion to older property, mainly because they do not have the experience or vision to anticipate what it can be. Either that or they are so naive without knowledge of basic building structures they buy some falling down piece of crap and then wonder why everything is so expensive.

Few people take the time to learn about construction, materials, and such. If ypu just follow some realtor's advice you will get burnt about 9 times out of 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,142,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I believe the inference was relative to older property. It is my opinion many younger people, not all, just have an adversion to older property, mainly because they do not have the experience or vision to anticipate what it can be. Either that or they are so naive without knowledge of basic building structures they buy some falling down piece of crap and then wonder why everything is so expensive.

Few people take the time to learn about construction, materials, and such. If ypu just follow some realtor's advice you will get burnt about 9 times out of 10.
Some people have a problem with some of my statements. Most likely they and I went to different high schools. Or maybe elementary schools....

Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM

682 posts, read 1,395,405 times
I work with a lot of clients in their mid/late 20's who buy old houses (first home or a move up from a condo) and are trying to get it right the first time.

Old houses are different things to differrent people. For me personally its period interior design, totally up to date mechanicals and a kitchen and baths that work. The devil is in the details. Doing things like sealing the ductwork, insulating the pipes properly, making sure your electrical can actually handle what you are throwing at it are all things that you want to do right the first time and if you do then maintence will not be a major issue.

In fact, if you do it right, you may have less problems that some newer homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or