U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 PM

3,335 posts, read 5,751,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Just the mention of the Glencoe site raises my blood pressure, in light of the thousands of dollars of tax money the city poured into replacing the roofs of all those buildings a few years ago. Just to profit another shady but well-connected "developer" who figured out how to bury her snout into the public trough. Hell is certain to freeze over before anything happens with that site. It's a shame, because I really think there would be a market for those structures if they were redeveloped.
I'm actually glad to hear that. new roofs at least keep the structures from falling down for now, though it sounds like some undesirables profited . The roof is the most important part of a building, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 PM

3,711 posts, read 6,603,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
...The roof is the most important part of a building, after all.
Along with the foundation, the walls, and the doors and windows.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,420,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Along with the foundation, the walls, and the doors and windows.
Naw, you are pointing out minor details. If the roof collapses the rest is worth nothing. Of course maybe the reverse is also true.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 PM

4,007 posts, read 4,845,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
I'm actually glad to hear that. new roofs at least keep the structures from falling down for now, though it sounds like some undesirables profited . The roof is the most important part of a building, after all.
Yep! I have high hopes for that particular neighborhood.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 AM

477 posts, read 531,810 times
Building Cincinnati: Wrecking Cincinnati: 147 Huntington Pl

A Valet lot too!?? I mean this isn't as good a house as others but again, totally wasteful.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM

3,711 posts, read 6,603,450 times
"Razed for a temporary valet parking lot for The Christ Hospital, made necessary due to the hospital's $265M expansion. The expansion project includes a new 332,000-square-foot orthopaedic and spine center, a new materials management building, and a 900-space visitor parking garage. This is a likely future redevelopment site."

You do understand that valet parking for a hospital and valet parking for a restaurant are not there for the same reasons.

Hospital valet parking, anyhow in our area, primarily gives people with medical conditions an opportunity to get out of their vehicle at the door and not have to struggle to get in from all points in a parking lot where many times "idiots" behind the wheel are racing to find themselves the most convenient spot.

I see the reason for this is for a place to park while their addition (Medical/surgical AND parking) is constructed. I can just hear the complaining that would occur if they didn't make arrangements to accommodate patients and visitors while undergoing construction.

It also says that the property will likely be redeveloped when construction is finished. It's entirely possible that the new may be at least as beneficial to the neighborhood as the old.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,420,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
"Razed for a temporary valet parking lot for The Christ Hospital, made necessary due to the hospital's $265M expansion. The expansion project includes a new 332,000-square-foot orthopaedic and spine center, a new materials management building, and a 900-space visitor parking garage. This is a likely future redevelopment site."

You do understand that valet parking for a hospital and valet parking for a restaurant are not there for the same reasons.

Hospital valet parking, anyhow in our area, primarily gives people with medical conditions an opportunity to get out of their vehicle at the door and not have to struggle to get in from all points in a parking lot where many times "idiots" behind the wheel are racing to find themselves the most convenient spot.

I see the reason for this is for a place to park while their addition (Medical/surgical AND parking) is constructed. I can just hear the complaining that would occur if they didn't make arrangements to accommodate patients and visitors while undergoing construction.

It also says that the property will likely be redeveloped when construction is finished. It's entirely possible that the new may be at least as beneficial to the neighborhood as the old.
Your arguments are just too logical. You miss the point they demolished some old building to permit this large expansion to happen. No matter what, that is sacrilege. Never mind the extreme value of the hospital to the City.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM

477 posts, read 531,810 times
Quote:
Fair enough here. Pretty sound argument for this particular lot - still frustrated about the overall issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati