U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 AM

4,007 posts, read 4,827,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytraveler View Post
Don't worry I'm in on it. I'm thinking the owner would be more entertaining if Obama loses. I've heard some pretty sweet tirades and rants over the years directed at anyone and everyone.

And I agree! If there is rioting in Cincinnati from an Obama loss I am thinking Milton's may be the flash point...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 PM

31,163 posts, read 57,274,608 times
The Clermont County Board of Elections is always a swingin' place to be on election night.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM

4,007 posts, read 4,827,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The Clermont County Board of Elections is always a swingin' place to be on election night.
Sounds like a blast!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:32 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,652,150 times
Quote:
I don't associate Clermont County and swingin' ... at least not in the way you're suggesting.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM

682 posts, read 1,387,611 times
IF its close, we won't know for several days because they have to count the absentees and military votes,I heard on the news today it could be 10 days before everything is counted in Ohio. But I don't believe Ohio will "decide" this race.

Personally I don't plan on being out at all. If Romney wins, after the media hype that Obama would win, I pretty much expect there to be some backlash/rioting, especially if it isn't close and not just Cincinnati, but several heavily "welfare/entitled" areas in the US.

I would be more interested in seeing what happens in Pennsylvania because if Romney were to win that, its probably over.

Personally just glad we only have Presidential elections every four years...though the campaigning now never ends. Would love to own an advertizing agency, those people made a killing this year!

Old 11-03-2012, 04:58 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
The absentees and military should not be a problem. What is a problem are the provisional ballots. These are when someone shows up at the polls but are not validated to be a voter. They may have gone to the wrong polling place because they moved and don't know where the valid one is. Also, absentee ballots come into play here. I got a notice this year saying I could apply for an absentee ballot. I just ignored it. Now I understand I may have to vote a provisional ballot next week because I did not respond. These are the ones which take up to 10 days to validate. What bothers me is the large percentage which are denied.

My family have already voted, 1 absentee by mail and 3 early voting. I should get off my butt Monday and go vote at the county board of elections, then I will find out quickly whether they accept my vote status or not.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM

31,163 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Also, absentee ballots come into play here. I got a notice this year saying I could apply for an absentee ballot. I just ignored it. Now I understand I may have to vote a provisional ballot next week because I did not respond.
I wonder why. An absentee ballot is an option; if you're eligible, you don't have to use it or even apply for one if you'd rather go to the polls. At least that's how I understand it.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:29 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Quote:
I wonder why. An absentee ballot is an option; if you're eligible, you don't have to use it or even apply for one if you'd rather go to the polls. At least that's how I understand it.
That's how I understood it also. So if they give me some hassle I will try and hassle they back the best I can.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM

3,750 posts, read 10,201,548 times
Good luck with voting everyone. Will be watching the returns (at home, no parties in my neck of the woods I'd be interested in attending) and hoping its all over by Wednesday morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati