U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,230,269 times

Advertisements

Now coming - Cincinnati Dashboard Camera Videos.

After the style of the Russian Dashboard Cameras that photographed the Siberia meteorite last week.

I'd love to see a herd of cattle dump out onto I-275 as a Youtube video.

Honestly, I have considered getting a gadget like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM

148 posts, read 169,175 times
You just can't make this stuff up.
Today, on my way home, 4pm, lot of traffic but moving, on a 4-lane narrowing to 2-lane, this *frumpy*, and I do mean frumpy, 50-yearold woman, glasses, gray sweater, gray Kia SUV, just could not stand being behind me (a larger SUV than hers), so she dangerously passes me on the right using the "lane ends" lane, gets in front of me, and then slows down to below the speed limit, so obviously she was not in a hurry.
Passive-aggressive and insular. I mean that is some small-ass "queen of my fingernail domain" stuff right there.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,892,650 times
Today on the 1-71 north pass Montgomery road i was in the fast lane doing something like 72 and a car driving crazy weaving in and out of people got on my tail swerved into the shoulder as i speed up he speeds up with me and soon goes around me and passes on the very far right lane. The drivers have been driving very aggressive lately, a couple days ago a lady did the exact same thing to another driver as what the poster said above me. One more thing alot of people have been passing on the right lately why is this.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,651,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Today on the 1-71 north pass Montgomery road i was in the fast lane doing something like 72.

One more thing alot of people have been passing on the right lately why is this.

There is no such thing as a fast lane. The left lane of a freeway is supposed to be used for passing, after which you move over to a right lane.

People pass on the right because slower moving traffic is using the left lanes. Apparently those drivers cannot comprehend "slower traffic keep right".

Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,892,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
There is no such thing as a fast lane. The left lane of a freeway is supposed to be used for passing, after which you move over to a right lane.

People pass on the right because slower moving traffic is using the left lanes. Apparently those drivers cannot comprehend "slower traffic keep right".
In chicago thats all they do is pass in the right lanes.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM

682 posts, read 1,391,980 times
Lived in at least 10 major cities over the years so here goes.

I ABSOLUTELY agree that cincinnati drivers are agressive.

They believe the speed limit...is speed suggestion.
They do not anticipate whats ahead of them which is why there are so many Brake shops in town.
They do not understand that a double yellow line means no passing.
School zone? whats that.
Stop sign means stop..... not roll.
They believe they can text, and drive, and drink their beer, at the same time.

The city could easily solve its multi million dollar financial deficit by writing tickets on Queen City, Beekman and Central parkway and installing stoplight cameras.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,525,680 times
Cincy cops give a 15 mph buffer on the speed limit.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM

361 posts, read 549,209 times
I guess it's all relative, but I find drivers in Cincy to be too passive honestly. Most of the people are too afraid to use their horn... even when someone is sleeping through a light. And don't even get me started on the idiots that dilly-dally in the far left lane; completely oblivious to the "convoy" behind them.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM

148 posts, read 169,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
I guess it's all relative, but I find drivers in Cincy to be too passive honestly. Most of the people are too afraid to use their horn... even when someone is sleeping through a light. And don't even get me started on the idiots that dilly-dally in the far left lane; completely oblivious to the "convoy" behind them.
Absolutely correct on both.
And re: "sleeping through a light", I'm still searching for the one word that describes the phenomenon of the degenerate sleeping through a busy light due to cleaning out the McDonald's bags under their seat and then the next day that very same degenerate is all up your ass because they're behind you.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 PM

5,691 posts, read 5,931,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
The motorists of Massachusetts are collectively known as "M*****holes"
That is what everyone in Maine calls them. In Boston the second car at a red light will honk the horn at the first car as soon as the light turns green no matter how fast the first car takes off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencincy View Post
You just can't make this stuff up.
Today, on my way home, 4pm, lot of traffic but moving, on a 4-lane narrowing to 2-lane, this *frumpy*, and I do mean frumpy, 50-yearold woman, glasses, gray sweater, gray Kia SUV, just could not stand being behind me (a larger SUV than hers), so she dangerously passes me on the right using the "lane ends" lane, gets in front of me, and then slows down to below the speed limit, so obviously she was not in a hurry.
Passive-aggressive and insular. I mean that is some small-ass "queen of my fingernail domain" stuff right there.
Some geezer in a Land Rover did this to me on Reed Hartman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or