Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,543,351 times

Advertisements

No politics, just a sincere wish for this to go smoothly and be OVER by tomorrow morning.

I do not want any more ads (omg! THE ADS!!) or court battles or anything..

Hope everyone has a good day, and if you haven't already voted - hope the lines are tolerable!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
I, too, am looking forward to the elections being over.

I was at the polls at 6:30 this morning. Waited about an hour, was done by 7:30.

They were pretty inefficient getting people signed in. Hopefully that gets better as the day goes on.
There is nothing as sad as seeing people leave the line.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Vote early and often!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
I am not sure I will be happy at the end of this day, but I will be happy with all of the politicing going away. I am not sure what your opinion is, but I got to the point when being called to go vote I told them I just changed my mind because you are invading my privacy. I just said this regardless.

We need somethiing to reign in all of this campaign spending. It is not just the Presidency, but the state races also. This amount of dollars being financed by PACs, or whatever, could go a long way for relieving our fellow citizens without jobs, etc. So I view it as a screw the little guy, we are aiming at the brass ring. Just my opinion.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
No politics, just a sincere wish for this to go smoothly and be OVER by tomorrow morning.

I do not want any more ads (omg! THE ADS!!) or court battles or anything..

Hope everyone has a good day, and if you haven't already voted - hope the lines are tolerable!

Oh there will be court battles and accusations about the election being rigged. I will eat my shoe if I'm wrong.

There will also be weeks of commentary and political analyses on the election. That's only if the outcome is known the next day. Some folks are saying that it could take up to ten days to know the outcome.

But like you, I"ll be glad when the ads stop.

I haven't voted yet. I'm expecting it to be a zoo tonight. I'm bringing my kindle to keep myself occupied while I wait.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times
Just voted. Waited about 25 minutes. It was a quiet line with no shenanigans that I witnessed. With the world watching Ohio and virtually every major national and international news outlet in one part of this state or another, we couldn't have asked for better weather.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
I was at the polling place about 9:00AM. Took less than a half hour to get through, and this was with 3 precincts in one room, causing confusion.

I was the last one to vote in my family as everyone else voted early. My daughter voted Sunday afternoon in Lebanon, took her 2-1/2 hours to get through. I was going to vote early on Monday but decided against it. Our regular polling place was a breeze.

I hope everyone who voted today has a good experience like mine.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
No wait at all at my polling place. Noticed a young woman with a clipboard who was intently observing the poll workers as they checked voters in. The poll worker who checked my ID was saying to everyone "I have to make sure this isn't expired." Made me wonder if the Board of Elections is just being extra-diligent, or if she was from one of those organizations "working to prevent voter fraud," which since fraud is basically nonexistent, we all pretty much know what that's code for.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Voter suppression in Cincinnati (Winton Hills) today?

Breaking: Reports of Possible Voter Suppression at Cincinnati Mother of Christ Church

Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Meanwhile, could the Cincinnati Enquirer be any more pathetic? Its fake numbers - supposedly posted erroneously - earlier today briefly impacted the stock market.

Fake Election Stats Showed Romney Ahead in Ohio

The Cincinnati Enquirer committed a major election faux pas, posting dummy stats to its web site—ahead of election returns—showing that Republican Mitt Romney held a stunning 92,000-vote lead in the key presidential battleground of Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati