U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 13,007 times

Advertisements

We are home brewers and beer lovers moving to Cincinnati and the first thought was where are we going to get supplies and where are cool places that brew their own. Being a Michigan person we are thrilled to be able to walk a mile to Founders brewery (spoiled? YES) anyways what are some places we should be sure to check out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM

3,335 posts, read 5,729,880 times
listermann's in evanston is the premier home-brewing stores in the region. they have everything including some of their own inventions. you will be more than happy with it.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 AM

awesome! Thanks.

We are also looking at neighborhoods there too. Do you have any advice as to what the trendy areas are and what is a good area for someone without a car?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM

3,335 posts, read 5,729,880 times
no problem. i responded to your neighborhood question in the other thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM

right on! Thanks a ton

Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM

688 posts, read 863,714 times
A friend of mine from college (Christian is the tall one on the left in the link below) is co-owner of Brew River Gastropub down on the east end of Cincinnati. They brew their own beers and in modeling the pub they took trips to Portland Oregon to observe their brewing culture and community there. I suspect if you're looking for brew kits and supplies he should be able to tell you where to get them.

About BrewRiver GastroPub | BrewRiver GastroPubBrewRiver GastroPub

Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 PM

577 posts, read 1,004,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
listermann's in evanston is the premier home-brewing stores in the region. they have everything including some of their own inventions. you will be more than happy with it.
I second that. I am not a home brewer but I am a big fan of their creations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_master View Post
A friend of mine from college (Christian is the tall one on the left in the link below) is co-owner of Brew River Gastropub down on the east end of Cincinnati. They brew their own beers and in modeling the pub they took trips to Portland Oregon to observe their brewing culture and community there. I suspect if you're looking for brew kits and supplies he should be able to tell you where to get them.

About BrewRiver GastroPub | BrewRiver GastroPubBrewRiver GastroPub
This is my new favorite place to eat! Their Felsen Aged Lager is amazing and the homemade catsup is the best!

Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,367,556 times
Some other brewpubs & microbreweries in the area:

Mt Carmel Brewery - 4362 Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd, Cincinnati 45244
This is in a farmhouse out on the east side of Cincinnati. They produce all natural, small batch beers.

Christian Moerlein Lager House
This is a brewpub located in the newly built Banks area of downtown Cincinnati. In addition to what they brew on premises they have a very large selection of bottled beers from all over.

Rock Bottom Brewery
This is another brewpub located on Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati. One of the first brewpubs in the area.

Hofbrauhaus Newport Ky
A brewpub serving German style beer and food.

Paradise Brewing Supplies - 7766 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati
Home beer and winemaking supplies. They also have a website and will ship to online orders.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 AM

864 posts, read 1,197,153 times
You should definitely take the "Prohibition Resistance" tour in Over-the-Rhine. They take you into several of the old 19th century breweries and down into the lagering cellars. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it.

The Original Cincinnati Brewery Tour | Since 2006

There's also a German beer brewing club. I don't have any experience with them know so I can't give you much information.

http://bloatarian.com/

Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 AM

4,007 posts, read 4,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
You should definitely take the "Prohibition Resistance" tour in Over-the-Rhine.
I see a lot of tours in progress each week. I hope they keep expanding them, there is so much in OTR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or