U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 AM

4 posts, read 3,959 times

Advertisements

kjbrill - I did consult with someone I have worked with for a time - he lives in Liberty township. He said it takes him about 20 minutes from there in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening. He also said the crime was pretty much in a few areas and to simply avoid them (duh). However, this is the same guy that took me on a tour of some places in California that had me missing my Glock

I feel better about the area the more I have read/heard. I stayed in Sharonville when I visited earlier this year and the drive from the hotel was not too bad at 7:00ish.

I'll be coming up in a couple of weeks and staying in a hotel for a couple of months while I look for housing so that will help quite a bit. I will have time to visit all of these areas and whatnot.

Again, thanks for the input everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,412,053 times
If your co-worker is finding much crime in Liberty Twp. he must be looking for it. Most of the crime is property crime, thefts, etc. or domestic disturbances.

If you can indicate what type of property you may be interested in, perhaps we can be of more assistance.

For example areas like West Chester and Liberty Twps were primarily farming for a large number of years. Then the spread from Cincinnati began to catch up. Mason went from a city of around 5,000 to over 30,000 in a span of about 20 years. West Chester and Liberty Twps have followed suit.

But back to the type of property you may be interested in. For example, the southeastern portion of West Chester Twp is bordered on the east by Butler-Warren County Line Rd, yes the boundary between the counties. Between Butler-Warren going west to I-75 is an area referred to as Pisgah. It is one of the older developed portions of the Twp., much of it developed to attract workers from the G.E. Evendale Jet Engine Plant. I am quite familiar with it as I have relatives who live there.

I will not kid you, it is not new, probably in the area of around 40 years old, and the majority of the houses are ranches. But they are not cheap ranches, most with full poured baements and two-car garages. They also were built when property here was cheap so the lots are generous, you have some breathing room. It is just north of Sharonville across I-275 and the Butler Co. border. So access to Hartwell is quite good.
When I drive through the neighborhood today I think to myself this is still an attractive place, the people are obviously maintaining the property very well, it is a great location, and I would be proud to live here.

I live in Mason for one specific reason, I found a 5-bedroom house in a subdivision of 1 acre lots which I could afford. Since we had a 13 year age spread of kids, my wife insisted on the 5 bedrooms. Since I like to garden, I insisted on the 1 acre.

Tell us what your desires and wants in a home are. I believe I or others may guide you to an area of interest.

P.S. 1 acre affordable lots are hard to find. Two houses on my street, which were originally typical bi-levels, have been purchased and huge two-story additions put on the rear. But the property will sustain it. From what I can determine the additions have bedrooms on the 2nd floor, new kitchen, dining space, etc. on the first floor, and the original kitchen/dining room of the house turned into a nice family room with access to the very attractive new patio to the rear. If you have imagination a lot can happen.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 PM

363 posts, read 835,687 times
I've never thought of serious crime being a problem in Liberty Township...

Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM

2,886 posts, read 3,967,398 times
This thread certainly has taken a turn. I took the comment to mean crime in the greater Cincinnati area is concentrated in certain areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati