U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Montgomery
5 posts, read 4,285 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

It is the first time I am on this website, I am a chinese girl, I have been cincy for two years, I wanna know about this city, culture, and practice my English, I know my English sooo bad, so please don't laugh at me. You don't know how hard it is for me posting on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2012, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,371,704 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce5752 View Post
It is the first time I am on this website, I am a chinese girl, I have been cincy for two years, I wanna know about this city, culture, and practice my English, I know my English sooo bad, so please don't laugh at me. You don't know how hard it is for me posting on it.
Don't pay any attention to your English. Seems perfectly fine to me. Just ask whatever you would like to know and participate on any of the threads on the forum. Interaction with people will do worlds with your confidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Montgomery
5 posts, read 4,285 times
Reputation: 10
ok, i'll try, but sometimes all of ur guys reply too much, not quiet understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Covington, KY
1,879 posts, read 2,123,968 times
Reputation: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce5752 View Post
It is the first time I am on this website, I am a chinese girl, I have been cincy for two years, I wanna know about this city, culture, and practice my English, I know my English sooo bad, so please don't laugh at me. You don't know how hard it is for me posting on it.
Your English is good enough that you can be understood by anyone who wants to understand. Don't worry about the ones who don't want to understand.

Give the posters some ideas about what you want discussed. Is there anything in particular that you want to know about the city and/or the culture? How old is it? How big is it? Why do people think it's important? Or, what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,371,704 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Your English is good enough that you can be understood by anyone who wants to understand. Don't worry about the ones who don't want to understand.

Give the posters some ideas about what you want discussed. Is there anything in particular that you want to know about the city and/or the culture? How old is it? How big is it? Why do people think it's important? Or, what?
Your questions are very relevant, I am asking myself why did I not come up with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Montgomery
5 posts, read 4,285 times
Reputation: 10
ok, there is one thing, i don't know what i can say or do, when something happened. when my friends told me his father just passed out, i don't know how being response. i only said," i am sorry", i knew i should say something nice or make him not upset, but i dont know what i can say. it is a problem to me, i don't know the culture while the people will say or do something at that moment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati
577 posts, read 1,005,061 times
Reputation: 250
I would say that, "I am sorry" is an appropriate response. That is what I usually say and what I hear most people say in that kind of situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Sunny Florida
7,136 posts, read 10,676,913 times
Reputation: 9448
I am sorry is a perfect response. You did great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati
3,335 posts, read 5,731,421 times
Reputation: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce5752 View Post
ok, there is one thing, i don't know what i can say or do, when something happened. when my friends told me his father just passed out, i don't know how being response. i only said," i am sorry", i knew i should say something nice or make him not upset, but i dont know what i can say. it is a problem to me, i don't know the culture while the people will say or do something at that moment
your response is fine, don't worry so much but i know it is hard.

in China what would you say to a friend who told you her dad passed out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
 
1,556 posts, read 1,463,978 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post

in China what would you say to a friend who told you her dad passed out?
Your dad really knows how to have a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top