U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM

114 posts, read 171,326 times

Advertisements

Sorry for another food thread but I've searched the Internet and can't find anything....

Where can I get a good buffalo chicken wrap around here?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM

4,007 posts, read 4,827,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio123 View Post
Sorry for another food thread but I've searched the Internet and can't find anything....

Where can I get a good buffalo chicken wrap around here?!?
For buffalo chicken I usually just make my own. Check the back of most any bottle of Franks Hot Sauce for the recipe to the original sauce. Basically, it's melted butter and Franks. I never do anything buffalo chicken unless my wife whips it up at home.

Check Island Frydays on Short Vine in Corryville for an awesome Jerk chicken wrap though. Sorry I couldn't be more useful to your quest.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,858,152 times
I know a lot of people dont like buafflo wild wings but if your looking for a chain restaurant, then you need to go to buafflo wild wings they have a great buafflo chicken wrap!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,360,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
For buffalo chicken I usually just make my own. Check the back of most any bottle of Franks Hot Sauce for the recipe to the original sauce. Basically, it's melted butter and Franks. I never do anything buffalo chicken unless my wife whips it up at home.

Check Island Frydays on Short Vine in Corryville for an awesome Jerk chicken wrap though. Sorry I couldn't be more useful to your quest.
Hey at least we agree on something. The commercial restaurant hot wings seem to be less and less appetizing. I am so tired of being served hot wings in restaurants which are not even above the cold of their frozen state.

At the same time, what are sold as frozen chicken wings in the grocery store are terrible. Those chickens were well beyond their prime when harvested.

I have begun to purchase either frozen chicken strips or breasts which I then slice into strips. I then take the Franks Hot Sauce plus butter to make something I dip them into. Through the oven and they are 10 times more satisfying than the average hot wings.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM

577 posts, read 1,004,165 times
Well, it's not a buffalo chicken wrap but Burrito Joe's has a great buffalo chicken burrito.

:: Burrito Joe's

Don Pablo's has great buffalo chicken tacos too.

Okay, I am not much help as far as wraps go but I'm really not a wrap fan.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I know a lot of people dont like buafflo wild wings but if your looking for a chain restaurant, then you need to go to buafflo wild wings they have a great buafflo chicken wrap!

Yeah, the wrap at BW3 is ok but it seems to usually be about 75% lettuce with a little bit of chicken. They used to have an awesome one at Ryan's Pub on Xavier's campus (random, right?) but they changed the food provider and its no longer on the menu.

Any other suggestions?

Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 866 times
Default RE: Buffalo Chicken Wrap in Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio123 View Post
They used to have an awesome one at Ryan's Pub on Xavier's campus
The Buffalo Chicken Wrap at Ryan's Pub was probably the best in the city. Crispy chicken, not soggy. Sweet, tangy buffalo sauce (I suspect Frank's. The "caf" food hall used it, and the school only buys in bulk.) Good lettuce-to-chicken ratio. Generous with the cheese. Wrap was toasted slightly past burrito consistency, so it retained it's structure and gave it a little extra crunch. Wrapped tightly, sliced in half, toothpick through both halves. #Perfection.

I've found close alternatives at the following places:
- Oakley Pub & Grill
- Co-ck & Bull Public House (Mainstrasse location, NOT Hyde Park)
- Parkside Cafe (E Walnut Hills... it's in the hood, so go by day.)
- Keystone Bar & Grill (any location)
- Firehouse Grill (Blue Ash)
- Teller's of Hyde Park (Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. Amazing.)

Old 01-12-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyForner View Post
The Buffalo Chicken Wrap at Ryan's Pub was probably the best in the city. Crispy chicken, not soggy. Sweet, tangy buffalo sauce (I suspect Frank's. The "caf" food hall used it, and the school only buys in bulk.) Good lettuce-to-chicken ratio. Generous with the cheese. Wrap was toasted slightly past burrito consistency, so it retained it's structure and gave it a little extra crunch. Wrapped tightly, sliced in half, toothpick through both halves. #Perfection.

I've found close alternatives at the following places:
- Oakley Pub & Grill
- Co-ck & Bull Public House (Mainstrasse location, NOT Hyde Park)
- Parkside Cafe (E Walnut Hills... it's in the hood, so go by day.)
- Keystone Bar & Grill (any location)
- Firehouse Grill (Blue Ash)
- Teller's of Hyde Park (Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. Amazing.)
Thank you so much for your reply! We appear to have similar taste in Buffalo Chicken wraps because you description of the Ryan's wrap is spot on!

I wonder why the HP Co-ck and Bull wrap isn't as good as Mainstrasse. I live very close to the HP location but I may need to venture to KY to check it out.

Also, I agree on the eggs rolls at Teller's. They are indeed amazing but are more appetizer than food so I can't make it a regular lunch item...though I have ordered them for lunch by themselves a couple times.

Parkside Cafe and Firehouse Grill are now on my list to check out.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:59 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,141,263 times
Don't see wraps on the menu, but one of the best places for wings in Cincinnati area is the Silver Spring House.

The Silver Spring House

8322 E Kemper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45249
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or