U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM

189 posts, read 386,063 times

Advertisements

I have heard that Nationwide pays up well. My parents have Nationwide and have had them for years...Like 30 years and when the storm blew there here a few years ago Nationwide took care of the new roof right away and even offered to replace the siding but my parents took the roof and declined the siding. They are very pleased with Nationwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,022,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
Cincinnati insurance company is supposedly one of the best ones around -- Cincinnati Financial Corporation: Home, Auto, Business, Life Insurance -- but not the cheapest
I agree with this. Cincinnati is a premium company. First rate coverage and service, but you pay for it. I was with Cincinnati for nearly 20 years, and recently changed to Westfield. It was one of the hardest decisions I ever made, because I was totally happy with Cincinnati, and I liked my agent, but I got fed up with paying such high rates for a clean claims history. I found Westfield by doing my homework and talking to a property casualty underwriter. The rates were less than half what I was paying at Cincinnati, but the coverage and service has been equal to or better than Cincinnati.

My experience with the big name brands has never been good. I am always leery of Nationwide, Met, and other big name companies who spend untold millions on advertising. I've seen them bait you in with a low rate and then jack it up a year later. They have to pay for those ads somehow. Think about it.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof2divas View Post
We are finally moved back into the area. Now we are getting close to our closing date and the homeowners insurance rates are coming in. Who is a good company here for Homeowners? I have the best quote from Safeco thus far but I am not sure on how they are. I currently have USAA but the rates are going to be very high here compared to NC. I was paying around $450 per year there and USAA wants $1300 here for the same coverage on a less expensive house! Any advice on who to use or get quotes from? I have also gotten a quote from American Family and they are HIGH on the auto's! I want to do a package deal house and auto.
I live in another state. But, my personal experience w/ Safeco....is awesome! I had never heard of them, and had lived in the western part of N.D. Have a home there, also have a home in the eastern part. I had to claim wind damage for house in Western...they repaired whole roof. Some years later, we had straight line winds damage our roof in Eastern N.D.(our primary residence) and we had hail damage to our vehicle.
Seriously, I hadn't even thought to call about our roof, til my neighbor told me I should. I was so happy w/ their speedy response...there was someone on our roof checking it out w/in a couple days...and there were lots of homes and different issues in our area...and within a couple more days the car was looked at in front of my office and the gentleman sat in his vehicle got the papers done and wrote me a decent check right on the spot.
So, if you are asking for recommendations...based on my experiences I recommend SafeCo

Last edited by JanND; 01-03-2013 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 AM

189 posts, read 386,063 times
Thanks. I have heard a lot of good things about Safeco. My parents had the same experience with Nationwide. I will be shopping Safeco with Nationwide for sure.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM

5 posts, read 4,950 times
You might also check out AAA Insurance. There are multiple AAAs nationwide but the one in the Cincinnati area is headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA. There are claim centers all over the country. There is also a cat team that gets out to Cats in fairly short order to help people.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 2,258 times
Can any one tell me, do I need auto insurance when i have a learner's permit?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:45 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,011,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galanins View Post
Can any one tell me, do I need auto insurance when i have a learner's permit?
Hi galanins--

You'll want to check your state law to be sure but as far as I know the answer is "yes". After all, you'll be on the road just like anyone else. (And the insurance rate is probably going to be sky-high.)

To bring us back to insurance though, I've had the best experience with renter's insurance from USAA. Their auto insurance is far too high (I saved some $340 a year by switching to Geico) but when I ran a quote for renter's, Geico was twice as high as USAA - even after accounting for all the multiple policy discounts (and the discount I lost by ending my USAA auto insurance).

Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Thank you for your answers!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 AM

Can the insurance company replace an item instead of paying for it?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 PM

6,351 posts, read 18,878,100 times
I've had USAA since the mid 1970's. FWIW, we had our first homeowner's claim last year when a hail storm did damage to our roof and other parts of the house. The contractor told us that USAA is one of the easiest insurance companies to deal with. In all fairness, Dadof2divas, we haven't compared prices in years. We've just always been pleased with USAA's service. Best of luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati