U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 06:28 PM

4,007 posts, read 4,827,124 times

Advertisements

I made reservations and took the family to Anchor OTR tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/theanchorotr

All I can say is this is the best seafood I have had in Ohio. They have an oyster bar and fly them in fresh both the east and west coasts, and several states at that. It's a tad pricey. I dropped around $168.00, including cocktails and a bottle of Sake. It's absolutely awesome though. Check it out. It's at Race and 15th streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I made reservations and took the family to Anchor OTR tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/theanchorotr

All I can say is this is the best seafood I have had in Ohio. They have an oyster bar and fly them in fresh both the east and west coasts, and several states at that. It's a tad pricey. I dropped around $168.00, including cocktails and a bottle of Sake. It's absolutely awesome though. Check it out. It's at Race and 15th streets.
Very glad you had a pleasant evening and not about to put a damper on it. My favorite memories of restaurants with seafood bars in Cincinnati were the Waterfront in its heyday, and the Mike Fink, both on the river in NKY. Downtown deserves a good upscale seafood restaurant.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Very glad you had a pleasant evening and not about to put a damper on it. My favorite memories of restaurants with seafood bars in Cincinnati were the Waterfront in its heyday, and the Mike Fink, both on the river in NKY. Downtown deserves a good upscale seafood restaurant.
Well, it's a gastropub. So the atmosphere is very casual but the food, spirits, wines, and beers are all high end. I have to say reasonably priced for high end too. Cocktails are around $10.00. Portions are generous, yet not extravagant. Service is attentive but not stiff. All in all it was an excellent experience. Many of the restaraunts opening downtown are these gastro pubs. And every one of them is wildly successful.

I skipped Kaze because they have only done a soft opening, offering a light menu. It's next on my list. Me and the Mrs. are foodies.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 PM

3,707 posts, read 6,563,387 times
Just curious, how many people were there for that $168?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:09 PM

2 adults and a child.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:05 AM

800 posts, read 696,249 times
I haven't been to The Anchor yet, I wasn't aware that it was that expensive. I imagined $75~ for a couple.

Meanwhile Kaze looks like it might be the most high end of the bunch while located the furthest north in the most run-down part of the strip. The bar is pretty impressive from the outside but I haven't been in there. I did go to Igby's a few weeks ago, and if not for the handful of uncouth Cincinnati natives like myself who snuck in that place is definitely on par with the top places in NYC.

It looks like we have two years at most before Over-the-Rhine is completely gentrified south of Liberty St.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:56 AM

1,879 posts, read 2,121,025 times
Think I'll stay in Covington for food. Lee's chicken house at 6th & Scott is a favorite.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:58 AM

3,707 posts, read 6,563,387 times
Thanks, but I doubt if I will ever see the inside of that place. An occasional $85-$100 for 6 adults and a child is stretching our budget about as far as we can swing.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Thanks, but I doubt if I will ever see the inside of that place. An occasional $85-$100 for 6 adults and a child is stretching our budget about as far as we can swing.
We had a lot of drinks and did a lot of damage off the oyster bar. Otherwise, we could have gotten by for a family of three on around $100.00. It's expensive because the seafood is flown in fresh. I don't mind the cost for that. But I also won't be a regular.

You could do $75.00 for a couple.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
It looks like we have two years at most before Over-the-Rhine is completely gentrified south of Liberty St.
I agree with this. I have seen development spearhead from twelfth to fifteenth street, and from Elm to Walnut in two years time. Also, commercial spaces have filled in nicely along Vine and Race. I am excited to see more activity north of Liberty. I wonder if 3CDC has plans to continue north of liberty though. Anyone heard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati